Least you think that I have been sitting on my pi'tard allowing the months to pass,
in truth I have been putting together a plan. AND, I have been acting on certain portions of that plan.
A while back, i decided that instead of balsa, I would use Bass Wood for the replacement fins. I found some 1/16" basswood and thought it would be better if I gave it a coating of lindseed oil to help rejuvenate it. Having done this, I noticed that a slight warp had developed in the material.
Well I have a clip showing how I went about removing the warp, but I can't upload it.
so I'll have to come back with a further update later.