Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Reviews, Comments and Information on new Science Fiction, Fantasy or other interesting TV shows, Films, Books, Radio Pays, etc.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Post by bernomatic »

According to this trailer, Lost in Space is being rebooted into a Netflix series.

From what I've been reading, Dr. Smith is a woman. I am sure Jonathan Harris is spinning in his grave, oh the pain, the pain.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Trident
Space Chief Petty officer

#2 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Post by Trident »

If that’s true, you can bet they won’t portray the new Dr. Smith as a worthless, whiny, rotten scoundrel ... maybe just evil.
:D
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#3 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Post by Rocket Babe »

As a rule I don't usually watch remakes. :roll: I did see the 1998 movie and the theme was ok. :| Randy loved Lacey Chabert as Penny, :D but the rest was, meh. :roll:

From the trailer I saw, we probably won't watch it. I don't care what they call it, it's not Lost In Space.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#4 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Post by luke strawwalker »

Rocket Babe wrote:As a rule I don't usually watch remakes. :roll: I did see the 1998 movie and the theme was ok. :| Randy loved Lacey Chabert as Penny, :D but the rest was, meh. :roll:

From the trailer I saw, we probably won't watch it. I don't care what they call it, it's not Lost In Space.
Yeah... NAFR... Not Another Fvcking Remake... LOL:)

Seriously, does Hollywood have ANYTHING original anymore?? I mean, it'd be different if these remakes were GOOD, but they're not... they're TOTAL SH!T in most cases!

Case in point-- *ANYTHING* by JJAbrams... Star Trek was gawdawful... "Into Darkness" was a COMPLETELY SH!TTY remake of "The Wrath of Khan" and just absolutely inferior drivel in EVERY way... I didn't even waste time or money on this last Trek film and it'll take a HUGE change in direction to get me back into a theater to see anything "Trek"... Now he's done the same to Star Wars... "The Force Awakens" was just another JJAbrams SH!TTY remake of the original 1977 Star Wars (A New Hope). Convoluted, fvcked up writing and a story that made no sense, unlike the original, but now the "small moon" (that's no moon, it's a space station!") is now a friggin planet and it doesn't have to go anywhere to vaporize 3 other planets halfway across the galaxy, after sucking in it's own sun like a margarita on a hot day... (SERIOUSLY who comes up with *THAT* lame-ass *oops you said word #1??)

"The Last Jedi" is just social justice warrior preaching and pandering... again with a LOT of stupidity (IE the slowest bombers in the universe-- sitting ducks... H3ll the'd have done better cloning some old friggin' Gothas from WWI to bomb the d@mn ship with! And of course we have to have incompetent purple haired Hillary clone girl to save the Rebellion from impulsive but competent males... (gag).

Bout like "Discovery"... from everything I've read and seen about it, I don't think I'll waste my time... Star Trek Continues is FAR superior to the complete and utter *oops you said word #1 that the studio hacks are cranking out...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Trident

#5 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Post by Trident »

Rocket Babe wrote:As a rule I don't usually watch remakes. :roll: I did see the 1998 movie and the theme was ok. :| Randy loved Lacey Chabert as Penny, :D but the rest was, meh. :roll:

Lacey Chabert! I encourage Debi to sit down and watch Hallmark movies with me if she is in them. :lol:
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#6 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Post by Rocket Babe »

We love Lacey and Hallmark. Randy has loved her since she was in the LIS movie and thinks she'd make a great Verna Starr in a Rocket Babe movie. I'm a big fan too.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Post by bernomatic »

The problem is, that unfortunately, that was yesterday's lost in space, let alone yesteryear's. The rate at which Hollywood is ruining our culture is pandemic, at the very least. Change our past into what they believe is the correct interpretation, sounds like 1984 to me.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#8 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

bernomatic wrote:The problem is, that unfortunately, that was yesterday's lost in space, let alone yesteryear's. The rate at which Hollywood is ruining our culture is pandemic, at the very least. Change our past into what they believe is the correct interpretation, sounds like 1984 to me.
Careful-- big brother is watching you!

Lacey Chabert... mmm... :) Reminded me of Eliza Dushku in "True Lies"... MMMMmmmm... and Olivia D'Abo in "Conan the Destroyer"... MMMMmmmmmMMMM!!!

They were just SO freakin' adorable... Oh to be 15 again... :)

OL J R :)
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

Post by bernomatic »

luke strawwalker wrote:Lacey Chabert... mmm... :) Reminded me of Eliza Dushku in "True Lies"... MMMMmmmm... and Olivia D'Abo in "Conan the Destroyer"... MMMMmmmmmMMMM!!!

What really gets to me at times, is now that I am older, some of the younger actresses I lusted over when I was a young man which wouldn't have seemed appropriate at the time of their notoriety, (eg. Molly Ringwald, 5 and a half years my junior) Still wouldn't have anything to do with me now that the age difference is of no consequence. :roll: :lol:
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#10 Re: Another '60's show remake being put in the PC blender

bernomatic wrote:
luke strawwalker wrote:Lacey Chabert... mmm... :) Reminded me of Eliza Dushku in "True Lies"... MMMMmmmm... and Olivia D'Abo in "Conan the Destroyer"... MMMMmmmmmMMMM!!!

What really gets to me at times, is now that I am older, some of the younger actresses I lusted over when I was a young man which wouldn't have seemed appropriate at the time of their notoriety, (eg. Molly Ringwald, 5 and a half years my junior) Still wouldn't have anything to do with me now that the age difference is of no consequence. :roll: :lol:
Molly Ringwald and Kelli Green... :) You went there, not me... :)

Oh well, it's all fantasy anyway. You probably really wouldn't want them if you caught them most likely... hopelessly liberal and vain/self centered most likely.

Later! OL J R :)