Star Trek Continues

Reviews, Comments and Information on new Science Fiction, Fantasy or other interesting TV shows, Films, Books, Radio Pays, etc.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 Star Trek Continues

Post by Commander »

Well not anymore :cry: I guess they pulled the plug on this fan produced series due to possible trouble with CBS. CBS was fine with most of the fan based stuff until recently when one project threatened to outshine CBS's latest Star Trek offerings.

The Star Trek Continues was well done in the style of the original series (TOS). They even had some big names take some parts. Last night I was watching episode 7, Embracing the Winds and thought Commodore Gray looked familiar, which she was since she was none other than Erin Gray of Buck Rogers fame.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#2 Re: Star Trek Continues

Post by Commander »

hI just finished watching episode nine of STC which was published 7/30/2017 and who should be in it? None other than John de Lancie. but not in his usual Star Trek role of Q.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Crespin
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

#3 Re: Star Trek Continues

Post by Crespin »

I was blown away by the Star Trek Continues project. It's so well done, all things considering. Are there plans for another season or something?
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Re: Star Trek Continues

Post by bernomatic »

The last I heard, they were actually cutting the episodes short due to Paramount's change in philosophy to fan based work (they didn't like being outclassed by amateurs).
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#5 Re: Star Trek Continues

Post by luke strawwalker »

bernomatic wrote:The last I heard, they were actually cutting the episodes short due to Paramount's change in philosophy to fan based work (they didn't like being outclassed by amateurs).
@ crespin-- nope no more STC... Vic Minogna (Capt. Kirk in STC) said that they only planned to make about 13 originally, but because of the Paramount lawsuit and new rules they shortened that to ten; they didn't have scripts for them anyway so it was no big deal for them.

@ bernomatic-- Well, outclassing the shite the Paramount has been cranking out and calling "Star Trek" when it is NOTHING like what Star Trek is, was, was meant to be, or stood for, isn't terribly difficult... but yes STC did it with panache... STC was WAY better than ANYTHING the studios have done since way back before "Nemesis"...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#6 Re: Star Trek Continues

Post by luke strawwalker »

That's why Paramount had to kill "Prelude to Axanar"... the previews were at least 10X better than ANYTHING the studios put out in recent memory...

Damn shame Paramount has screwed up an iconic franchise... Course Disney has done the same with Star Wars...

Oh well at least we still have the old stuff to watch again... certain better than the new crap they're cranking out...

Later! OL J R: )
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...