Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Beautiful, brilliant and Earth’s best hope for survival – Rocket Babe

This is the place for talk and information regarding one of the Cantina's favorite vistors. Captain Verna Starr, better known by her call sign... Rocket Babe
Written by Stephen R. DeArman
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by bernomatic »

Stephen Dearman has released his third book in the Rocket Babe series. While those who frequent the rocketry forums may know him better as Randy, we all know THE Rocket Babe. I am looking forward to this read, and as I am old fashioned, can't wait till my copy comes in the mail. :ugeek:
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#2 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by Rocket Babe »

Thank you Commander for the post for the new book! :D

Here's the cover and jacket synopsis. It's available at Amazon, paperback and Kindle. And thank you to all of you that have purchased Dust Storm and Fallen Angel!

Verna

P.S. If you want to purchase a signed copy from us let me know to make arrangements.

Email: vernarockets@hotmail.com
Attachments
RBAMFcover.JPG
RBAMFcover.JPG (735.37 KiB) Viewed 15719 times
RBAMsynopsis.JPG
RBAMsynopsis.JPG (233.14 KiB) Viewed 15719 times
can01.jpg
can01.jpg (818.11 KiB) Viewed 15719 times
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by bernomatic »

I was just informed today that my order for the Rocket Babe books had been shipped. Now comes the wait, like its after Thanksgiving and you're five years old anticipating Christmas. I hope I don't have to leave cookies out for the UPS man. ;)
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#4 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by Commander »

My books came today, so I'll see ya mugs some time in the future, I got a date with a Starr.... 8-)
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#5 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by Rocket Babe »

Glad they arrived ok!
Attachments
rbwtb.jpg
rbwtb.jpg (62.79 KiB) Viewed 15685 times
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by bernomatic »

I'm finally up to speed on the Rocket Babe having finished the first two books, and just started reading book three, Ant Men.

All right, let's get this out in the open right now, I am terribly disheartened :cry:. You see, at the end of book two, Fallen Angel, Rocket gets married to Randall. BTW, for you anyone who hasn't read the series yet, I am in the thread for book three. Because I mentioned what happens at the end of book two does not make it a spoiler :roll: . The action ebbs ands flows well. never becoming boring, well except for those parts about Rocket and Randall kissing, I mean really ;) .

Well that's enough for now, I have some more dreaming reading to do.
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#7 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by Rocket Babe »

Don't lose heart Bernie! Randy is outlining the next story line now and help just may be on the way for you! But that's all I can say for now. You would probably be pleased and feel much better if I could tell you. Besides, there are many other hotties in the series. Didn't you find Pim Ono majorly desirable?

I don't know how long it will be before you get to find out as Randy hasn't decided yet if the next Rocket Babe will be a short story or another full book. He may have another short story out before end of year on Kindle but a book will take longer.

FWIW, if you enjoyed the first two you should absolutely love Ant men. It has already out sold Dust Storm and Fallen Angel in less than 2 months! There's more action, intrigue, suspense, humor, twists and turns.

As you read Ant Men you may want to visit the RB Facebook page and scroll down to posts made beginning March 1 and come forward. Randy posted many fantastic photos from locations described in the story line per chapter, that we've actually visited. Makes for some great visuals for the story!

But cheer up! It's sci-fi. Things can change on a dime and you never know what might happen in the future.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by bernomatic »

Well, it's not like I want Verna to lose what she has. That just wouldn't be fair to her or Randy. :cry:

As for Blondie, well let's just say that the images that went through my head of Lieutenant Ono in the Nephalim outfit would get me banned from my own forum. ;) :o :shock: :mrgreen: If she isn't more careful in the future, I'll have the Commander peel off a couple of the starport's security ships to watch over her. And as for the slumber party (the crew of the Cestris), well they seem to watch out for each other so we'll see for now.

The fun thing about reading, especially if the author doesn't get too detailed, is that certain characters can stretch your imagination and that is far better than working from someone else's or a perceived societal standard. Saying, "she was a blonde beauty who would fill any man with desire" gives the reader a lot more room than "she was a 6'-1", ash blonde with a 38-26-36 figure".
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#9 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by Rocket Babe »

That's great! He'll be glad to hear you say you prefer enough detail but not too much, as we have had that discussion early on in his writing. Randy says too many authors tend to write as though their readers have no imagination at all and use too many adjectives/details to the point of being tedious. Many times the story becomes lost in the process.

And he knows that we all have our own way of seeing things or people and by giving the reader a general description but not an exact inch by inch rendition, allows the reader to connect better with the character, by seeing them in their own mind, their way. The reader creates exactly the appearance that is pleasing or acceptable to them in their own mind.

After I thought about it, it made a lot of sense.
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#10 Re: Rocket Babe: Ant Men

Post by Rocket Babe »

As a follow up for Bernie, over a year ago I told Randy how disheartened you were about Starr being off the market. He smiled and said, "Tell him RB is science fiction, anything is possible. Don't forget when we all thought J.R. (Dallas) and Spock (Star Trek) were dead and Bob Newhart woke up after dreaming he was a hotel owner." Then he smiled again.

I've read some of the next edition but sworn to secrecy but I can tell you this; he's aware some fans felt the way you did and he is now about halfway through drafting RB-4 and into chapter 7 now. So maybe by years end some of your sadness will be lifted. ;)