Helps- Dedicated to SSgt. Ray Bushnell

Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#11 Re: Helps- Dedicated to SSgt. Ray Bushnell

Post by Rocket Babe »

:D Back when Randy was a general contractor he held a sales seminar for a materials supplier he used to use back in the late 80's at a Holiday Inn across the street from a strip club called Juicy Lucy's, in Cleveland. He said about 20 of the 40 or so salesmen missed the afternoon session. When it was over he began asking around as to where they had all disappeared to and one of the older Latino men told him; "They all go to see Shu-see Lu-shee!"

Randy thought it was kind of funny but their boss didn't, so they were all fired the next day.

Are you sure you never went? ;)
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Re: Helps- Dedicated to SSgt. Ray Bushnell

Post by bernomatic »

NEODYMIUM MAGNETS :o

A couple of days ago, I was creating a dust collector for the lathe, and had purchased some Neodymium Disc Magnets to attach it. I took the magnets out of their packages and set them on the work area. Ten to fifteen minutes, when I went to attach them, they had disappeared. :cry: This initiated a search and destroy session of around two hours. Picking up each magnetic item (scissors, rulers, x-acto knifes, cans) was picked up and searched , then moved to a safe area. The bottom of the chair was looked at, cans of paint and spray adhesive examined, often more than once. The floor swept and the sweepings perused. The only area not investigated, the garbage can. Finally, while sitting in a chair and leaning over to throw something away, I glanced towards one of the garbage cans in the Cantina, when a glint caught my eye. No, the magnets were not in the trash can. There, about a foot away from the can and about three feet from where I initially placed them, were the magnets, attached to the horizontal brace bar for the table.

So... :idea: :idea:

If you are ever using Neodymium Magnets, I would strongly suggest not removing them from the packaging until the exact moment you are ready to secure them however you plan on doing so. :idea:
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer