Tools from Uncle Ted

From Sandpaper blocks to 3D printers, what is helpful and what is a waste of money
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#1 Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by tmacklin »

I know there are a lot of bargain hunters in the hobby rocket community, so now is your chance to take advantage of Uncle Ted and make America Great Again...for Ted. ;)

http://www.macklinmissileworks.com/shop/
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by bernomatic »

What? I don't remember getting money from you to post an ad. What do you think this is ? A place to post anything you like? I mean, you think this is the Sagitta Cantina? Oh, wait... :?
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#3 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by tmacklin »

bernomatic wrote:What? I don't remember getting money from you to post an ad. What do you think this is ? A place to post anything you like? I mean, you think this is the Sagitta Cantina? Oh, wait... :?
You're supposed to buy one, use it, review it and then post glowing comments and heap lavish praise about me and my little creation. You must be from Cleveland. :roll:
Mini Guillotine.jpg
Mini Guillotine.jpg (78.15 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#4 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by luke strawwalker »

Good to hear from you, Ted... been awhile! Hope you're doing well...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by bernomatic »

I keep waiting for the original size to get back in stock. :!: Not sure if the mini is big enough or the midi is too large. What size body tubes does each accommodate?
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#6 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by tmacklin »

luke strawwalker wrote:Good to hear from you, Ted... been awhile! Hope you're doing well...

I'm just jolly-jack splendid! How about yourself?
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#7 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by tmacklin »

bernomatic wrote:I keep waiting for the original size to get back in stock. :!: Not sure if the mini is big enough or the midi is too large. What size body tubes does each accommodate?
They're back in stock at Apogee but you missed our "factory seconds" offering. I just sold the remaining one of three. Maybe I'll have more foolish accidents in the future and thus generate more factory seconds.

You asked about sizes. The original or small unit will accommodate tubes from 0.53 to 3.09 inches OD. The mid-size will accommodate tubes from 1.06 to 4.24 inches and the large unit works for 1.06 to 6.187 inches.

The new Mini-Guillotine Jig range is from 0.281 to 1.414 inches OD, perfect for dudes with small tubes. :oops:
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#8 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by luke strawwalker »

tmacklin wrote:
luke strawwalker wrote:Good to hear from you, Ted... been awhile! Hope you're doing well...

I'm just jolly-jack splendid! How about yourself?
Still kicking... doing the farm thing... SSDD... you know the drill LOL:)

My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by bernomatic »

tmacklin wrote: They're back in stock at Apogee but you missed our "factory seconds" offering. I just sold the remaining one of three. Maybe I'll have more foolish accidents in the future and thus generate more factory seconds.
Nope, sorry ain't gonna go that route again. Someone else offered a fin jig "second" which I bought, and even though they "corrected the mistake", I can never get it to give me CDO proof results. :shock:

{For those wondering, CDO is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder abbreviated in alphabetical order}
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#10 Re: Tools from Uncle Ted

Post by tmacklin »

bernomatic wrote:
tmacklin wrote: They're back in stock at Apogee but you missed our "factory seconds" offering. I just sold the remaining one of three. Maybe I'll have more foolish accidents in the future and thus generate more factory seconds.
Nope, sorry ain't gonna go that route again. Someone else offered a fin jig "second" which I bought, and even though they "corrected the mistake", I can never get it to give me CDO proof results. :shock:

{For those wondering, CDO is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder abbreviated in alphabetical order}
In your case, OCD would mean "obsessively cheap disorder". :P