School shooter was reported to FBI before rampage...

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 School shooter was reported to FBI before rampage...

Post by bernomatic »

And they dropped the ball. We are told time and again, if you see something, say something. Time again, reporting to the government entities seems to be pointless. They are too busy chasing ghosts in a political witch-hunt.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: School shooter was reported to FBI before rampage...

Post by luke strawwalker »

Yep... bout how it works...

They'll be lining up to take law abiding citizen's guns though...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: School shooter was reported to FBI before rampage...

Post by bernomatic »

So, After in the CNN town hall we hear the Broward County Sheriff speak about how we should all trust law enforcement and let them only have guns we find out that there was an armed Deputy Sheriff on duty at the school during the assault. He never went in after the shooter. The Deputy has resigned rather than face a suspension.

Seems to me that the anti-second amendment people are saying we should put our faith in the police. Well, I don't think that worked out too well in this case, even with someone right on site.
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#4 Re: School shooter was reported to FBI before rampage...

Post by tmacklin »

President Trump was exactly right in calling for school teachers to be armed and trained to respond to an armed intruder. It is impossible for an individual policeman to be everywhere in a large building consisting of thousands of feet of corridors and dozens of classrooms when the fit hits the shan.

Not every teacher is going to take on the such a serious responsibility, but those who are willing and able to do so should be screened, trained and deputized in order to eliminate the threat so as to minimize the carnage.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#5 Re: School shooter was reported to FBI before rampage...

Post by luke strawwalker »

bernomatic wrote:So, After in the CNN town hall we hear the Broward County Sheriff speak about how we should all trust law enforcement and let them only have guns we find out that there was an armed Deputy Sheriff on duty at the school during the assault. He never went in after the shooter. The Deputy has resigned rather than face a suspension.

Seems to me that the anti-second amendment people are saying we should put our faith in the police. Well, I don't think that worked out too well in this case, even with someone right on site.
Sounds like Columbine...

My Dad was furious at those "gutless cops" who stood outside hiding behind cars waving the kids running from the building over to them like they were really doing something, while those two idiots were loose in the building killing people. He thought (IMHO rightfully so) that they should have been making entry into the building and seeking out and taking down those two idiots.

Does no good to have cops with guns if they're too GUTLESS to actually go in and do the job they're PAID to do. Yeah, I know all about "holding position in a dangerous situation" and all that, but I also know "nobody won a war by staying in their foxhole". Sometimes you just have to suck it up and take your chances and go do what needs doing.

IMHO that gutless wonder in Florida that was there and didn't do anything should be up on charges. If you're going to put on the uniform, you take what goes with it. BUT, there's a LOT of cops out there nowdays, probably WAY more than most people would like to think, that SHOULD NOT be wearing a badge and a gun, PERIOD.

I know when I was driving a school bus here for the local district, we had two full time school district cops in our "school district police department". Ernie, the first one hired when they formed the department, was a good guy. When they had the money (and realized one guy wasn't enough to do everything) they hired a second guy, and he was pretty worthless... He was okay, while Ernie was his boss. Then Ernie got killed and the idgit was promoted as his successor. They hired some kid fresh out of the academy to take his place. Basically all they do now is sit around and eat donuts and follow buses occasionally fishing for anybody running the bus lights... when they bother to do that.

I heard on the radio one day one of the other bus drivers, a little 5 foot nuthin' grandmotherly type in her late 50's early 60's (at the time) get on the radio calling for help-- a bunch of high schoolers broke out into a full fledged brawl fistfight on the bus. She stopped and was trying to break it up. The new kid cop went out there since he was out "on patrol" and Joe (the worthless cop) chewed him out afterwards, telling him, "that's not your job!" Larry, the bus dispatcher/mechanic/tire and fuel guy jumped in the school truck and ran out there to help her, and wanted to know where Ernie was... when he heard about the "that's not your job" crap, he hit the ceiling-- "like HELL it's not your job!!! If that's not your job what the hell are you here for??" He gave Joe hell and rightfully so, and told him if it ever happened again and they didn't show up, they'd be having that conversation in the superintendent's office...

So, NO, I wouldn't trust the cops for sole defense... 3/5 of our schools are out of town and the gutless city cops here wouldn't bother going out there except maybe for traffic control or to be seen on TV-- if they went at all. And like I said, the two "school district PD" cops we have, I'd be looking for them at the nearest donut shop...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#6 Re: School shooter was reported to FBI before rampage...

Post by tmacklin »

Gun Free School Zone.png
Gun Free School Zone.png (205.42 KiB) Viewed 4721 times
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Re: School shooter was reported to FBI before rampage...

Post by bernomatic »

To make matters worse, it is now being reported that there were additional deputies anno arrived and didn't go in till some locals arrived. This is a reflection correctly on the leadership of the office.