More oppression on other forums

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 More oppression on other forums

Post by Commander »

In most cases, give people a long rope and they will go far before hanging themselves. Actual, I have found here and on the old Cantina that most people act fairly civilized when given the chance. Maybe a large part of that is the community this forum represents.

Aside from moving a post from time to time, I've had no real reason to censor anyone.

BTW the rules for this forum can be found in the foyer (http://www.starportsagitta.net/sagitta-cantina/ In case you missed it the first time you visited.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#2 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by Rocket Babe »

Yorf is handled pretty well. What other forum is there? I do miss RP and Darrell.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by luke strawwalker »

Rocket Babe wrote:Yorf is handled pretty well. What other forum is there? I do miss RP and Darrell.
Agree. I hate that the "only person who's ever been banned" on YORF was someone who shouldn't have been, IMHO. If JD was gonna be banned, PO should have been too. He was right there stirring the pot just as much if not more.

I won't mention the forum that should not be named. That place is a bad friggin' joke.

Yeah, I miss RP and Darrell as well. I wasn't much into HPR and that was the focus there, but it was a well run forum and there was a lot of interesting stuff there. I also enjoyed Newton's Third before it went away.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#4 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by Joe Wooten »

Anybody heard from Jonathan lately?
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#5 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by tmacklin »

I miss Darrell and Rocketry Planet as well. Darrell and I became good friends and had occasion to talk in person. He was a warm and kind person.

Were it not for his untimely death, I might never have showed up on either YORF or TRF. I was recently banned again over on TRF. Seems I said something that offended someone about a thread that offended everyone.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread ... uot-thread

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread ... ost1585683
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (279.18 KiB) Viewed 7204 times

It ain't easy being me.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by bernomatic »

You know Ted, I'm going to have to rethink things if you just made it so George is tired of his regular haunts and comes here :lol: :roll:

I'll put his crew quarters right next to yours and you two can have at it......
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#7 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by tmacklin »

Trust me on this: There is a far greater probability that I will endorse Trump than Gassaway will ever post anything here on the Cantina. :twisted:
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by bernomatic »

Joe Wooten wrote:Anybody heard from Jonathan lately?
I tried hard to contact him and left invitations for him at many places, including through his NAR section, to come and join in the fun here. I can only assume that he is doing well, but is burnt out by the political arena.

His NAR section helped host last years NARAAM I believe. Did anyone run into him there?
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#9 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by luke strawwalker »

I admire George's rocket talents, BUT, he's a grade-A KNOB and whiny little A-hole judging by his behavior on the rocket forums. He struts around quoting rules like he's some kind of forum pope and LOOKING for ANYTHING that "offends" him, and then makes a full-on federal case out of it, personally messaging or emailing every moderator he can find and whining to them and looking to make as much trouble as possible. Meanwhile, he'll bend every rule he wants to beat everybody else to death with so long as it's something HE finds acceptable or wants to discuss.

I can't stand people like that. So I have NO use for "BOY George", always hiding behind some moderator's skirts.

My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#10 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by tmacklin »

luke strawwalker wrote:I admire George's rocket talents, BUT, he's a grade-A KNOB and whiny little A-hole judging by his behavior on the rocket forums. He struts around quoting rules like he's some kind of forum pope and LOOKING for ANYTHING that "offends" him, and then makes a full-on federal case out of it, personally messaging or emailing every moderator he can find and whining to them and looking to make as much trouble as possible. Meanwhile, he'll bend every rule he wants to beat everybody else to death with so long as it's something HE finds acceptable or wants to discuss.

I can't stand people like that. So I have NO use for "BOY George", always hiding behind some moderator's skirts.

I get under his skin like poison ivy! Apparently, the mere mention of my name raises his BP twenty points and causes him to sweat profusely. That's why I continue over there on your Favorite Forum. Most readers over there take my BS so seriously that they don't get the sarcasm. But I'll be damned if I'll slink off with my tail between my legs. Ain't gonna happen!

Now Jeff, I know you detest them for the shabby treatment they dealt you, but check out this pantload of sarcastic Macklin stlye Bull Sheet!

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread ... he-Macklin (Post 24)