More oppression on other forums

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#11 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by luke strawwalker »

Ted, it wasn't "just" the shabby treatment, but the fact that the place has gone through the same cycle time and time and time again. I just decided I was sick of that particular ride and moved on.

"SSDD" doesn't do that stinkhole justice. One day I just "snapped" and said "enough is enough", checked out, and haven't been back since.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Trident
Space Chief Petty officer
Space Chief Petty officer

#12 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by Trident »

I had not read the follow-on posts over on TRF after the initial posts about your ban, or timeout. I love the reaction, as if you were describing a rocket build. Does anyone over there have a sense of humor, or an understanding/appreciation for sarcasm?
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#13 Re: More oppression on other forums

Trident wrote:I had not read the follow-on posts over on TRF after the initial posts about your ban, or timeout. I love the reaction, as if you were describing a rocket build. Does anyone over there have a sense of humor, or an understanding/appreciation for sarcasm?
No. Most humorless, self-important bunch I've ever seen.

Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#14 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by Rocket Babe »

Thursday a fan sent me a link to a recent thread there and they asked me to let them know what I thought. While the thread was a bit silly and seemed to me to be a set up for exactly what followed, the main thing I saw was the same old scatter shot, no rhyme or reason moderation continues. There were several posts that should have shutdown the thread instantly (according to the posted rules) but the thread was still going well after.

Do what you want, moderate how you will but be consistent. There is no consistency there, IMHO.
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#15 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by Rocket Babe »

FWIW, there seems to be a real drop off in posts there since the current owners took over. There used to be routinely 4 -5 pages of posts at any given moment. Lately it seems they're doing good to have 2.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#16 Re: More oppression on other forums

Rocket Babe wrote:Thursday a fan sent me a link to a recent thread there and they asked me to let them know what I thought. While the thread was a bit silly and seemed to me to be a set up for exactly what followed, the main thing I saw was the same old scatter shot, no rhyme or reason moderation continues. There were several posts that should have shutdown the thread instantly (according to the posted rules) but the thread was still going well after.

Do what you want, moderate how you will but be consistent. There is no consistency there, IMHO.
There never has been. The manure changes, but the sacred cows remain the same... LOL:)

Why I pulled the plug on that dump a year and a half ago and haven't been back since. Cest les vis...

Ghrocketman
Space Petty Officer
Space Petty Officer

#17 Re: More oppression on other forums

Post by Ghrocketman »

If George comes over here, place his quarters right next to mine.
It will make leaving visits of his earned "Upper-Dekkers" and jugs of "Jenkem" easier for me to deliver.
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.
Always MAYHEM, always !