GHrocket who?

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 GHrocket who?

Post by Commander »

A little slow on the uptake, as typical and shown by his immature attitude and being stuck in that fecal stage of maturing, GHRocketman did finally make it to the Sagitta Cantina, the original one, on April 6th. Yes he came strolling in 5 days before the doors were closed. I almost didn't notice, but came across a link to the old forum on Google and visited it to get some of Luke's stuff.

I wonder :roll: how long it will take before he shows up here, if he ever does. :lol:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Trident
Space Chief Petty officer

#2 Re: GHrocket who?

Post by Trident »

I've had him blocked off and on over the years, over on YORF. I get tired of his out-of-left-field personal attacks, and in general, his immaturiosity (I think I made up a new word ...). Then apparently he loans out his password and a few nice or complimentary posts show up. :o
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: GHrocket who?

Post by luke strawwalker »

Yeah, GH is something else. Stuck at that "14 year old" level of humor, but he DOES know his stuff pretty well. Don't always agree with him by a longshot, but his comments DO make me think.

I like someone who isn't afraid to call it like he sees it, and let the chips fall where they may. I can respect that, so long as he's man enough to take disagreement or criticism, which he seems to be, although he'll likely tell you to take a long walk off a short pier, which is okay by me.

I only have ONE person blocked in all the years I've been on the forums, and that's "Boy George" Gassbag. Can't stand that knob-- all he does is prance around acting like some self-appointed "forum pope", LOOKING for something, hell, ANYTHING, to be "offended" by and then goes screaming and crying to every moderator on the damn forum (whichever one he happens to be offended by today) trying to make a federal case out of it and stamping his feet and holding his breath and crying like a f***ing infant until he gets his way. I have ZERO TOLERANCE OR USE for such a worthless POS that acts like that. I'll give ol' Georgie Boy credit where it's due-- he's got some rocketry chops, that's for sure-- he's done stuff most of us can only dream about... BUT, if he'd just stick to IMPARTING KNOWLEDGE and, if he so desired, sharing his opinion, while having the LEAST BIT of RESPECT for others who might have differing opinions, and acknowledge that *they* have as much right to share their differing opinion as he has to share his, and leave it at that, IOW, have a LITTLE FRIGGIN' MATURITY and MAN THE H3LL UP, then I wouldn't have ANY problem with him whatsoever. Well, that, and stop that damn finger-wagging about 'this or that topic ist verboten" type bullshit. IF YA DON'T LIKE THE TOPIC, DON'T *oops you said word #3 READ IT! There, I said it! Geez, it's not frackin' rocket science!

Really, after reading the forums for TEN YEARS almost on a daily basis (til I quit the Terribly Run Forum once and for all one day January before last) there's really only 3 other people that I've found were a-holes or worthless shitheels IMHO... Fred Schecter is one (geez I can't tell you how *oops you said word #3 glad I am that assclown is 2000 miles away from me 4 states away... if he had anything to do with the club flying off my place I'd have told them to kick his ass out or find a new field YEARS ago-- NO WAY I'd put up with that A-hole...) The other is a sumbitch that used to be a moderator over on the Terribly Run Forum years ago-- the self-proclaimed "super moderator" RangerSTL. TOTAL asswipe, I wouldn't *oops you said word #2 on him if he was on fire... and the third I kinda changed my mind about when he FINALLY climbed the h3ll down off his high-horse and started acting like a decent person-- Micromeister. Guy really knows his stuff and once his assclown buddy "RangerSTL" quit TRF and ol' Micromeister took a little vacation from the forum for awhile, he came back a very different person. Bit opinionated at times, but WTH, aren't we all? LOL:) Long as you're not a condescending A-hole, I don't have a problem with opinionated... :)

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Trident

#4 Re: GHrocket who?

Post by Trident »

I'll put up with George's idiosyncrasies maybe more than anyone else. Back in the r.m.r days, the subject of Saturns came up, and I posed some question (and long ago escaped me). Unsolicited, he sent me numerous prints of Saturns he had personally photographed. That generosity stuck with me all these years.

Micromeister just a bit opinionated? :D I'm not really prone to scrapping with people on forums, but we've had a few encounters and after the last time he went on my ignore list for awhile ... He and GH are the only ones I've ever added to the list. I'd love to meet both of them just to see what they are like in person. I might even find I like them both, but at times they just absolutely drive me bonkers.
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
Ghrocketman
Space Petty Officer
Space Petty Officer

#5 Re: GHrocket who?

Post by Ghrocketman »

Yes, I do stop by here from time to time.
I have never blocked anyone on any forum in the past that I can recall, but have seriously considered blocking and G. Gas, Fred Schechter and RoyATL for the reasons given above.
I honestly find Fred and Roy much more irritating than G.Gas, but not to the point of blocking them.
As far as RangerSTL and Micromeister over on the GARBAGE forum, they are two of the many reasons I got myself deliberately banned over on that POS MANY YEARS AGO.
J.B. and P:O. on YORF used to get into some mighty scraps but did not block them either....I think J.B. may be the only one ever actually banned there and I found him usually way more tolerable than P.O.
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.
Always MAYHEM, always !