The meltdown continues...

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
Trident
Space Chief Petty officer
Space Chief Petty officer

#41 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Trident »

I still drop by TRF periodically when there is something on interest to me. James Duffy started a thread on building the new Estes Little Joe II that is a wealth of information, from a building tips perspective. George Gassaway also posted lots of LJ II info and his build. I know he is not a favorite around here, but the guy is one of the most knowledgeable people on the LJ II. Those two provided both historical info and building tips like I've never seen for any historically significant rocket.
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#42 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

Trident wrote:I still drop by TRF periodically when there is something on interest to me. James Duffy started a thread on building the new Estes Little Joe II that is a wealth of information, from a building tips perspective. George Gassaway also posted lots of LJ II info and his build. I know he is not a favorite around here, but the guy is one of the most knowledgeable people on the LJ II. Those two provided both historical info and building tips like I've never seen for any historically significant rocket.
I'm not a good fit with TRF and was first drawn over there when a friend who I fly with at DARS launches tipped me off about a certain poster who was trying to horn in of my invention, the Guillotine Fin Jig. It hasn't gotten better for me there and my involvement with them has not been good for either party. So be it.

I do not know Mr. Duffy, but I agree that Mr. Gassaway is very knowledgeable on hobby rocketry, especially the Little Joe. Apparently, hobby rocketry is paramount in his life. So be it.

I was looking for somewhere nice to voice my opinions on a range of topics when I stumbled into TRF. In retrospect I should have kept on looking.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#43 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by bernomatic »

Trident wrote:I still drop by TRF periodically when there is something on interest to me. James Duffy started a thread on building the new Estes Little Joe II that is a wealth of information, from a building tips perspective. George Gassaway also posted lots of LJ II info and his build. I know he is not a favorite around here, but the guy is one of the most knowledgeable people on the LJ II. Those two provided both historical info and building tips like I've never seen for any historically significant rocket.
There are certain aficionados of model rocketry with a Knowledge base that is certainly enviable. George G. is one and Ghrocketman is another. The issue is when they start spouting off about other things. Then they have a tendency to hide behind a mod's skirt and whining of confronted. At least GH had the balls to come here and join. For that, and his knowledge of thinners, I will give him credit.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#44 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by bernomatic »

Some from other places have called the Cantina an echo chamber. Whether that is because it its empty or because the members echo "the master's sentiments", I have no idea . But I do know they are wrong in both respects. In the first,we are getting more posts than certain other forms which came out around the same time. Second, if they could see the grief I received for even the tacit support I gave now President Trump at the beginning of his run, they would wonder why certain members weren't banned.

So, we plod on here, talking about the things the others don't have the guts to.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#45 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by luke strawwalker »

If he'd stick to rocketry instead of running around like some sort of forum pope looking for trouble and then whining to every moderator possible looking to make trouble for someone else, he'd be a great guy.

No doubt he's got rocketry chops most of us could only dream of, but he wastes most of his time trying to make trouble and get any conversation that takes a turn HE does not like moderated or shot down.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#46 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by luke strawwalker »

bernomatic wrote:Some from other places have called the Cantina an echo chamber. Whether that is because it its empty or because the members echo "the master's sentiments", I have no idea . But I do know they are wrong in both respects. In the first,we are getting more posts than certain other forms which came out around the same time. Second, if they could see the grief I received for even the tacit support I gave now President Trump at the beginning of his run, they would wonder why certain members weren't banned.

So, we plod on here, talking about the things the others don't have the guts to.
It's only called that by the whiners and crybabies who don't have the guts to post here, or who prefer to fall into lockstep with whatever the forum Nazi's declare elsewhere just so they can look big in front of a bigger audience...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...