The meltdown continues...

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#31 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Rocket Babe »

Commander wrote: It's enough to keep Rocket in check with all that cluster and staging stuff
I've visited this week but missed this until now.

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had no idea my posts for a 4 engine BSG Viper, 5 engine Saturn V and 6 engine 2 stage payloader had you... flustered. :o :shock: I apologize. 8-) I'll try to... behave. ;)

So I won't even mention my 11 engine 3 stage Saturn V, Bad Girl or post the nose art. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
hyperviper0001.jpg
hyperviper0001.jpg (65.08 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
brbblastoff05satrn2.jpg
brbblastoff05satrn2.jpg (34.78 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
blastdot1.jpg
blastdot1.jpg (89.73 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#32 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Commander »

Rocket Babe wrote:
Commander wrote: It's enough to keep Rocket in check with all that cluster and staging stuff
I've visited this week but missed this until now.

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had no idea my posts for a 4 engine BSG Viper, 5 engine Saturn V and 6 engine 2 stage payloader had you... flustered. :o :shock: I apologize. 8-) I'll try to... behave. ;)

So I won't even mention my 11 engine 3 stage Saturn V, Bad Girl or post the nose art. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not quite where I was going with the sentiment, but there is a major distinction (beside the obvious physical attributes) between you and the high power boys. What you are doing requires skill, knowledge and understanding. realizing what effect the changes will have. For the Tool Time Group, it's "Bubby, hold my beer while I spray this bed liner on the rocket and run down and withdraw a couple hundred so we can get that N motor. I think she'll be dry by the time I get back."

That's not to say all high power people are like that. It's just the ones who give high power the image. (See the LDRS shows). :shock:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#33 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Commander »

While I'm here, While this site does not condone the releasing of personal information of other individuals, from here on the starport, or elsewhere on the internet, doxxing, as it can be called, at the very least is looked down upon and may in certain instances be illegal.

Please tread with caution.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#34 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Rocket Babe »

:D I knew what you meant. :lol: :lol: :lol:

>>> while I spray this bed liner on the rocket...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest thing I've heard this week!
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#35 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

Commander wrote:While I'm here, While this site does not condone the releasing of personal information of other individuals, from here on the starport, or elsewhere on the internet, doxxing, as it can be called, at the very least is looked down upon and may in certain instances be illegal.

Please tread with caution.
If you are referring to my republication of readily available public information which was originated and disclosed by the person who calls himself "Admin" on website known as The Rockety Forum (TRF), think of it as a Public Service Announcement for people who need to know who they are dealing with before entering into a contractual relationship.

I wonder, are "private messages" truly private? :?:
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#36 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

But wait...there's more!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/doxxing-it ... -but-legal

The fact that "Admin" apparently doesn't like full disclosure and instead appears to prefer operating under a veil of secrecy is his problem. If you would prefer that I STFU on this unfortunate episode, let me know and feel free to delete any of my posts that make you uncomfortable.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#37 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by bernomatic »

tmacklin wrote:But wait...there's more!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/doxxing-it ... -but-legal

The fact that "Admin" apparently doesn't like full disclosure and instead appears to prefer operating under a veil of secrecy is his problem. If you would prefer that I STFU on this unfortunate episode, let me know and feel free to delete any of my posts that make you uncomfortable.
You know full well that's not how I work here. If you want to link to specific pages you believe are beneficial to the knowledge of rocketeers or other visitors about people they may have to deal with other places, knock yourself out. One caveat to that, if you post phone numbers or addresses directly here, I probably will ask that you take it down and use the evil stare icon :twisted:
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#38 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

Bernie, you need not be concerned that I might divulge personal information (telephone number/s, email addresses, dates of birth, SSN's etc.) here or anywhere else. If Mr. Keith Ubben, who I understand purchased The Rocketry Forum from Kevin Trojanowski and is now the owner, had simply identified himself to me and other potential advertisers none of this nonsense would have occurred. Do you think Vern Estes would be held in such high esteem today if he had operated in this manner?

Ted
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#39 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Commander »

tmacklin wrote:Bernie, you need not be concerned that I might divulge personal information (telephone number/s, email addresses, dates of birth, SSN's etc.) here or anywhere else. If Mr. Keith Ubben, who I understand purchased The Rocketry Forum from Kevin Trojanowski and is now the owner, had simply identified himself to me and other potential advertisers none of this nonsense would have occurred. Do you think Vern Estes would be held in such high esteem today if he had operated in this manner?

Ted
I have faith in you Ted, but that doesn't mean I'm going to not say something. On another note, it's not a fair comparison to use Vern, the times they have a changed. Besides Vern did a lot of his business by mail order. If he didn't let people know where he lived/worked, he never would have sold any kits. :lol:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#40 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

Commander wrote:
tmacklin wrote:Bernie, you need not be concerned that I might divulge personal information (telephone number/s, email addresses, dates of birth, SSN's etc.) here or anywhere else. If Mr. Keith Ubben, who I understand purchased The Rocketry Forum from Kevin Trojanowski and is now the owner, had simply identified himself to me and other potential advertisers none of this nonsense would have occurred. Do you think Vern Estes would be held in such high esteem today if he had operated in this manner?

Ted
I have faith in you Ted, but that doesn't mean I'm going to not say something. On another note, it's not a fair comparison to use Vern, the times they have a changed. Besides Vern did a lot of his business by mail order. If he didn't let people know where he lived/worked, he never would have sold any kits. :lol:
Yes, times certainly have changed, and not for the better. One thing I'll wager is that Vernon Estes has not and never will refer to himself as the "Admin". I like people take who pride in their names.