The meltdown continues...

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#1 The meltdown continues...

Post by luke strawwalker »

http://rocketrycenter.com/showthread.ph ... 85#pid4685

Interesting thread over on the Rocketry Center forum... Apparently the new scumbag owners of the Terribly Run Forum like being called out on their practices...

Later! OL J R
Last edited by luke strawwalker on Sun, 09 Jul 17, 23:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: To meltdown continues...

Rocket Babe wrote:Is anyone really surprised? :roll:
LOL guess we shouldn't be...

My wife says I'm an optimist sometimes....

Later! OL J R
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#4 Re: To meltdown continues...

Post by Commander »

I wonder if the Admin was warned for political posting by mentioning "Fake News".
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#5 Re: To meltdown continues...

Commander wrote:I wonder if the Admin was warned for political posting by mentioning "Fake News".
If not he should have been, and issued one of their retarded "demerits", and warned not to do it again on pain of being banned... LOL:)

What a bunch of asshats over there... BAH (shivers).

Later! OL J R :)
Trident
Space Chief Petty officer
Space Chief Petty officer

#6 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Trident »

What is great is that Carol Marple of the NAR is soliciting vendors to post profiles of themselves and their company and then do advertising via postings, on the NAR group page on FB.

I wonder if this is in response to TRF charging vendors $25/month, or just coincidental? :P
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#7 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Commander »

Another thing that interested me...
Fake outrage, fake news, spread by people who have always hated on RocketryForum for their own personal gain of trying to poach members to another forum...
Take your fake news back to Facebook. Build your forums and Facebook groups legitimately instead of spreading lies and spamming this forum.
It would seem to me that he is doing enough spamming of his own forum for everyone :lol: and just how does one legitimately build ones Facebook group (which the Starport doesn't have) or Forum? I do admit to posting infrequently on YORF, but that is were I started. I stopped even visiting TRF after having been warned about that whole Godwin's law tripe and that was over two years ago. :roll:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#8 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Rocket Babe »

Commander wrote:Another thing that interested me...
Fake outrage, fake news, spread by people who have always hated on RocketryForum for their own personal gain of trying to poach members to another forum...
Take your fake news back to Facebook. Build your forums and Facebook groups legitimately instead of spreading lies and spamming this forum.
Oh my. Sounds like someone has their panties in a bunch. :roll:

I bet it was Luke. Luke, stop bunching their panties! :lol:
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#9 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Commander »

If I am to be accused of it, maybe I might as well do it and start posting over there on occasion to poach a few members :roll:
The only thing is, I don't really know if I would want any of their "members". It's enough to keep Rocket in check with all that cluster and staging stuff :shock: let alone have all the high power tooltimers (more power, more power) come blasting through here.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#10 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

I continue to post on TRF for several reasons. First off, I refuse to be bullied and treated like a stepchild. Secondly, I personally know and have met face to face with a fair number of fellow DARS members who are also frequent posters on TRF. And finally, my occasional postings give Gassaway something else to worry about besides himself. It's my civic duty.

The new owner/s could go a long way to repair the damage they have inflicted upon TRF if they would simply identify themselves by name instead of "Admin" and stop treating the vendors as sheep to be sheared.