The meltdown continues...

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#21 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by Commander »

I saw another post were he used that diatribe again. I am thinking that he may believe that by using "hip" talking point words that he believes he will look less establishment and in need of being drained. (hah, see what I did there?)
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#22 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

Commander wrote:I saw another post were he used that diatribe again. I am thinking that he may believe that by using "hip" talking point words that he believes he will look less establishment and in need of being drained. (hah, see what I did there?)
I saw what you did! Now you see it, now you don't. I should have done a screen save on every post I ever made and put them in a book! But for now I'll just post this.
Keith Ubben.jpg
Keith Ubben.jpg (23.24 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#23 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by luke strawwalker »

Commander wrote:Another thing that interested me...
Fake outrage, fake news, spread by people who have always hated on RocketryForum for their own personal gain of trying to poach members to another forum...
Take your fake news back to Facebook. Build your forums and Facebook groups legitimately instead of spreading lies and spamming this forum.
It would seem to me that he is doing enough spamming of his own forum for everyone :lol: and just how does one legitimately build ones Facebook group (which the Starport doesn't have) or Forum? I do admit to posting infrequently on YORF, but that is were I started. I stopped even visiting TRF after having been warned about that whole Godwin's law tripe and that was over two years ago. :roll:
Exactly... that was one of the last straws for me as well... biggest bunch of tripe I ever heard. Couple that with the continuous crap from the moderators and the plethora of crybaby whiners over there and self-appointed forum popes who just ran around looking for ANYTHING they could possibly be offended by in order to stir up *oops you said word #1 and sic the moderators on someone, and after getting another bullshit 'warning' over more of that kind of horseshit I finally said "F--- this shithole!" and left... Haven't been back and don't plan to.

The attitudes of the new "owners" over there was also the last straw-- without the participant's content, they wouldn't have a forum, just an empty shell, yet they treat all their contributors as beneath contempt, and anything posted to their precious forum they claim ownership of. I didn't see rewarding assholes like that with more content, so I left. So did a lot of other people.

Let them have their word association games and other massive quantities of nonsense and garbage, and let the whiners and crybabies wallow in it... Screw em all...

Later! OL J R :)
Last edited by luke strawwalker on Sat, 15 Jul 17, 05:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#24 Re: The meltdown continues...

Rocket Babe wrote:
Commander wrote:Another thing that interested me...
Fake outrage, fake news, spread by people who have always hated on RocketryForum for their own personal gain of trying to poach members to another forum...
Take your fake news back to Facebook. Build your forums and Facebook groups legitimately instead of spreading lies and spamming this forum.
Oh my. Sounds like someone has their panties in a bunch. :roll:

I bet it was Luke. Luke, stop bunching their panties! :lol:
Moi... "not I" said the fly...

Twern't me... I don't even go over there anymore. They've turned it into too much of a shithole for me.

Nope, this crap is all of their own doing...

luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#25 Re: The meltdown continues...

Commander wrote:If I am to be accused of it, maybe I might as well do it and start posting over there on occasion to poach a few members :roll:
The only thing is, I don't really know if I would want any of their "members". It's enough to keep Rocket in check with all that cluster and staging stuff :shock: let alone have all the high power tooltimers (more power, more power) come blasting through here.
Yep... LOL:)

"Tool Timers"... I like that. Describes most HPR knuckle-draggers I've seen...

luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#26 Re: The meltdown continues...

bernomatic wrote:
tmacklin wrote:I continue to post on TRF for several reasons. First off, I refuse to be bullied and treated like a stepchild. Secondly, I personally know and have met face to face with a fair number of fellow DARS members who are also frequent posters on TRF. And finally, my occasional postings give Gassaway something else to worry about besides himself. It's my civic duty.

The new owner/s could go a long way to repair the damage they have inflicted upon TRF if they would simply identify themselves by name instead of "Admin" and stop treating the vendors as sheep to be sheared.
It's the nature of the beast, all they bought the site for was to make a buck, no love for rocketry. They probably thought they were going to rake in mega-loads of moola just by advertising. When that didn't happen they escalated the game and started going for the paying members route. Eventually, without truly understanding the animal they were playing with, they devolved to the current level.
Yep... same sort of scumbag speculators that screw up the ag markets... they don't understand it and don't care, but if there's a buck to be made, they're there like maggots on a corpse, or vultures waiting near a dying cow... And that's all they are, and all they bring to the table... just worthless scum, sucking off the profit created by the work and contributions of others, while contributing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of any value whatsoever...

It's enough to demonstrate why people like Karl Marx developed the attitudes that they had...

luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#27 Re: The meltdown continues...

Rocket Babe wrote:I read enough to get the gist and have to say I'm surprised by anyone using someone else's posts, info or photos without asking, especially if there is some potential monetary gain. In today's litigious society it's just plain stupid. It doesn't matter what disclaimer they have on their website stating to use the forum gives then the right, there is no such legal blanket. Anything that can be proven to be original or unique to an individual, that individual has the rights to it, period. If I'm holding the original photos, manuscript and COPYRIGHT in my hands, you don't get to wave a magic wand and claim the material as the owner/ originator.

I think it was Shrox (correct me if I'm wrong) that really had a hard time there about the rights to his materials, photos, art, etc. and that was the clincher for me, not to post there any longer. I had posted a couple of times about our books and a few photos, all of which are protected by filed copyrights. I don't know that they would want to use anything but rather than have to deal with it if it happened I decided it was time to move on.

BTW, we have always allowed ANY rocketry vendors, organizations and those trying to grow the hobby, free access to photos, articles or anything they could use for those efforts, and only ask that anything used be acknowledged appropriately. Darrell Mobley, Dick Stafford, Eric Gates and a few others have routinely done so over the last 20 years and we were always happy to be of help. it's all about how you handle things. If Bernie wanted to use something he doesn't even have to ask and I know he'd acknowledge it.

Just do things the right way.
All absolutely true...

I've freely contributed a LOT of material over the years, in the form of build threads, tips n techniques, and trying to help newbs or folks trying out new techniques, new materials, new kits, etc... For a long time I was a beta-builder for Wes Olezewski over at Dr. Zooch Rockets, and with his permission, photographed and posted richly descriptive and detailed step-by-step build threads of the kits that I test built and test flew for him, though sometimes I DID have to hold that material "in the can" for awhile until Wes was ready for a "public unveiling", at which time I posted it to TRF, YORF, and at that time, Rocketry Planet. I thought it would do two things-- drum up interest in the new kits Wes was trying to sell, hopefully increasing his sales and exposing his products to a wider audience who would appreciate and enjoy them, and also to serve as "online guides" for folks building the kits once they were released, when they had questions or wanted to see the techniques I use on builds "in action" and perhaps attempt them or adopt them themselves, if they so chose... I'm (I think) justifiably proud of my work and those threads, and asked for nothing in return... I was proud to make the contribution back to the group of model rocketeers who share the same interests and passion.

I have also done a LOT of the "study summaries" to present historical and proposal information of general interest to the model rocketry and specifically space history buffs and scale aficionados in the model rocketry community. Again, I obtained these original documents freely from the internet, from a number of websites dedicated to space and space history buffs, and gleaned and summarized this information for the benefit of my fellow rocketry hobbyists, and again, not for profit (though I have tinkered with the idea of compiling it all into a book at some point).

Then to have a group of scumbag speculators buy out the forum, thanks to a self-serving Judas willing to stab everybody in the back for "30 pieces of silver", and have them come charging in and claiming ownership and the ability to do anything they wanted with anything posted on their precious forum, well... that was simply unacceptable to me... was then, still is.

Nothing I do or have done is particularly unique or creative, in a sense of being 'fundamentally new' and having never been seen or done before, in one form or another... That is the domain of very talented people like Shrox (and many others, primarily vendors) who create new products and services for sale to the rocket hobbyists... and who want to share their creations-- some for free, some, yes, to drum up interest and exposure to a wider audience and perhaps even increase sales. BUT, they don't nor should they relinquish control or ownership of anything they post on a forum, or grant unrestricted use and essentially "ownership" of whatever they've posted to a bunch of scumbags just because they happen to own the method of delivery... It's akin to mailing a prototype of something new or information about a new concept or product and having some jerk in the postal service claim ownership of it simply because he happens to drive the mail truck hauling it.

Shrox and others started leaving... not just the vendors, but creative contributors who didn't want to relinquish all their work and contributions to the forum, which were CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE COMMUNITY, to be shanghaied by a bunch of scumbags that just happened to come in and "buy the building" around it and who then asserted they had the right to do anything they wanted to do with anything anybody happened to post there.

I made my contributions to the COMMUNITY of fellow modelers, not to enrich a bunch of scumbag speculators who bought the forum from a Judas turncoat who stabbed the rocketry community in the back and who's sole purpose was to turn it into some sort of cash cow for their own personal gain...

Anyway, it was just another "log on the fire" for me, another reason pushing me to drop off the Terribly Run Forum for good. There were plenty of other logs on that fire, to the point it had become a raging bonfire...

Anyway, I make no bones about it that as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't "*oops you said word #2 on TRF if it were on fire"... I used to really enjoy the place, despite the flaws, and even defended it as "it is what it is" against similar charges and observations made by others in the past, before I myself finally 'had enough" and saw the light and dropped out of my own accord. I don't harbor any ill will against any of the membership there (except a few perpetual crybabies who's sole purpose was to run from forum to forum trying to stir up as much trouble as they possibly could by looking for ANYTHING that they could possibly be "offended" by... I have NO use for such sumbitches and hope they go rot along with the shithole that TRF has become). There were and still are a lot of good people on TRF, and if it works for them and they can tolerate or embrace the kind of mindset that rules the roost over there, more power to them, but IMHO, "thanks but no thanks!" They can have it and they're welcome to it.

tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#28 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

My involvement with TRF began in early 2012 when I received a tip from a fellow DARS member that a person on TRF was attempting to manufacture and sell my then new fin jig. I think it's fair to say that I was pissed off beyond repair so I signed up with TRF in order to voice my outrage. I next tracked down the culprit and posted what I had learned about him. (He was stupid enough to post his real name and telephone number making him easy to find) I found out that he had once worked for GEICO but had had his insurance license revoked for undisclosed reasons and I posted that fact on TRF. TRF deleted most of my postings regarding that matter and Kevin Trojanoski has yet to offer any explanation, let alone apologize.

Time marches on and the TRF Double Standard became obvious...even to thick-headed me! Then Troj (That's what his friends call him) sold TRF and I became curious about the "new owners". It became apparent that changes were in order, most notably when Shrox voiced his indignation about the use of his designs and pictures in a manner that he did not approve and without either credit or compensation. This again caused me to look into the transfer of ownership through the World Wide Web of Intrigue.

There's more, but I need more coffee.
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#29 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »

...to continue...

So a few years ago Troj sold TRF to "Group Builder", a company owned and founded by one Keith Ubben who apparently still owns TRF and has tried, apparently unsuccessfully, to turn a profit from the so-called "Rocket Community", many of whom seem to think Apogee Components charges too much for my products.

Mr. Ubben appears to be an Internet "Investor", buying and selling websites and forums and apparently sold a number of these entities to the Carbon Media Group for an unknown amount.

http://www.groupbuilder.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/company/carbon-media-group

From the non-responsive answers by "Admin" of TRF, It now appears that TRF is still owned by "Group Builders" or their successor. Speaking for myself, I don't trust people who go to such great lengths to conceal their identity. FINIS

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread ... ost1710722
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#30 Re: The meltdown continues...

Post by tmacklin »