Sorry for the hiatus.

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 Sorry for the hiatus.

Post by Commander »

I haven't been as diligent lately as maybe I should, but I kinda needed a break. I had some content a bit ago, but have set it someplace I can't remember were I put it.

Right now I'm sitting in the Cleveland Amtrak station waiting for the train, which is scheduled to arrive on another three hours. Going to the youngest son's graduation from Navy basic training.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: Sorry for the hiatus.

Post by luke strawwalker »

Yeah I hear ya...

I should get back to summarizing some of the TON of NASA studies I have on my hard drive... just haven't had much impetus lately.

Was very busy in September with Keira's stuff-- she's in seventh grade now, so band and volleyball at school, and fall softball outside of school. Then we went to the river for 3 days...

Soon as I got back from that, went to Indiana for harvest for basically the entire month of October. Went really smoothly, other than a few weather delays and waiting on grain to dry down (which it basically refused to do).

Got back in early November and been tending to house and car and farm things. Had to do pen work here and at Shiner in preparation to sell calves. Finally got (almost) everything rounded up, sorted, and most of the calves needing to be sold to the auction barn last weekend. Been taking it easy and doing laundry all this week...

Now it's the holidays... Keira's birthday party is this afternoon; she's having a "dual party" with her friend Austin (well, her and his mom's are besties anyway) and since their birthdays are two days apart (12/22 for Keira and 12/24 for Austin) and they always feel "gipped" because of the proximity to Christmas (though they always get double presents) we're having it early.

Course soon enough we'll be headed to Indiana for Christmas break... Hope to see some snow once I get there... (though we did have one HECK of a flurry on day not long before I left, when we were doing tile work. Check out "luke strawwalker" YouTube channel for video...)

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...