It's been a hell of a week (vacation?)...

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 It's been a hell of a week (vacation?)...

Post by Commander »

Unfortunately, I don't mean that in a good way.

The Mars Snooper toppled from it's perch to fall three feet and knock off one of the pods... again :twisted: This when I had put a first coat of Dope on her and was thinking I might finish her this week.
101_0507.JPG
101_0507.JPG (600.95 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
I found the Big Bertha pinned behind the hutch of the desk where one of the felines (I have good reason to believe) knocked it. I don't know how to describe the damages. but the easiest way is to say the fins are all cattywampus.
101_0503.JPG
101_0503.JPG (597.05 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
And the long suffering X-Wing Fighter :( when you see the pictures for this one, you are not going to believe it. I don't know if it is salvageable. I have no explanation for how it occurred other than my wife telling me she found the wing section tangled in a blanket. The force was strong with someone/thing on this occasion.
101_0517.JPG
101_0517.JPG (586.39 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
Out of five items ordered from Carr-McMaster, only one was what I really wanted/needed. Two more I may be able to use, with a third maybe needing the application modified. The fith item, some small, chemical resistant, PTFE O Rings I had hoped to use for an airbrush shooting Brodak Dope, are just too hard. And by the way, the one item I ordered which is just what I needed three of? only came in a pack of 50.

So if anyone needs some left handed,1/4"-20 nuts, I have 47. :|
some Water and Steam resistant EPDM O-Rings #219, I have 50. :x
some Water and Steam resistant EPDM O-Rings #320, I have 50. :evil:
some Ultra Chemical Resistant PTFE O-Rings #005, I have 24. :twisted:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971