How History Will Look at Us

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 How History Will Look at Us

Post by Commander »

Up until recently, say the past twenty years or so, I would have thought that future generations, say in a hundred or so years, would have looked on us as an era that advanced society into greater enlightenment and knowledge. We had made great advances and strides in science and societal issues that we could only be looked upon as a knowledgeable time era. We went to another celestial body, we solved political and societal problems, for the most part, without going to war and devastating great swaths of the world. There was a Pax Americana which led to more people than ever living without fear. Science and medical advances were common and sustained.

Then came the worriers. They harped on us and brow beat us, chanting their mantra's over and over. They gained a sense of validity through their repetition and use of media to force beliefs on the rest of us, which the majority may not believe, but which history will retell as if the majority did.

It is not a new phenomena for bad ideas to gain public acceptance, even with the knowledgeable elite leading the way.

Here are just a few of the ideas history and/or science tells us aren't as great as they once seemed.

1)The Earth is the center of the universe. It took a long time for this common belief to be corrected by Copernicus.

2) Rain Follows the Plow is a climatology concept that believed human settlement caused a permanent increase in rainfall.

3) Trepanning If you had a migraine or other cranial distress, they believed that the cure was to drill a hole in your skull.

4.) Good Nutrition will curb sexual appetite Dr. Kellogg came up with the idea of the now ubiquitous breakfast cereals to help make the average person healthy, not to help them live longer, but to cut down on masturbation.

History is full of additional ideas that people of the time thought were marvelous and wise concepts and solutions. I wonder how history will look at some of the ideas floating around the world right now. Will the future look at this era's ideas about Climate Change with gratitude or a wonder at the ineptitude of the climatologists? What about the way we are redefining sexuality? Will that be seen as a boon or a bust?
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#2 Re: How History Will Look at Us

Post by Commander »

And oh yes, maybe all that other stuff you may find a way to justify, even if I doubt it, but how will anyone ever justify this crap? Biological Man Dominating Women’s Handball Championships.

The harm this does to true women competitors and the world's physche will never be fully discovered. How we can denigrate our wives, daughters and friends just to appease people with a problem is beyond me.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#4 Re: How History Will Look at Us

Post by Joe Wooten »

I am so disgusted with our spineless poitical "leadership" of the trannie issue. They should told them HELL NO! and make it stick.