Merry Christmas!

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 Merry Christmas!

Post by Commander »

With a still contentious Presidential Election looming all around us, I have decided to pull back and try to relax for a bit. In the spirit of the season I am sitting listening to Christmas music alternating between the Celtic Women and Gregorian.

I can reflect on where I and the Starport are compared to last year at this time and it saddens me a little that more progress hasn't been made. The Cantina is looking more user friendly and accessible even if we didn't get a lot of carry over in membership from the old format. I do think we have a solid base of members and am grateful that we at least are not like thus other two rocketry forums which seem to be just hanging in there.

Well here's hoping that blessings blossom to all who visit here and that they have a very Merry Christmas.
Luke-2-10-11.jpg
Luke-2-10-11.jpg (75.89 KiB) Viewed 11265 times
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by luke strawwalker »

Very nice... Merry Christmas to you and yours, and to the rest of the good folks on here!

I wouldn't be too discouraged-- this place is practically a beehive of activity compared to a couple of the other new forums which popped up... one has had like one new post in months, and the other isn't faring much better. Sad really, because there's PLENTY of room for rocketry forums of various inclinations-- it's a shame everybody flocks to ONE terribly run forum simply to "join the crowd" like lemmings going over a cliff... but then, that seems to be the standard operating procedure in society today, so I guess it's not too surprising (or shouldn't be).

At any rate, other forms of "social media" have most of the forum members worried to some degree or other. For those of us who don't "facebook", "pinterest", or whatever else you want to insert here, it's sorta "meh, it is what it is" and we "keep calm and carry on" with folks of similar inclination (who remain on the forums rather than FB etc).

At any rate, there's "nothing new under the sun" and people are people, and people often do silly (stupid) things, so I wouldn't worry about it. Things will work out in the end (however that might end up to be).

Later and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#3 Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Rocket Babe »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! :D

Let's hope 2017 will be better than 2016.
Attachments
Vernaxmas 008.jpg
Vernaxmas 008.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 6589 times
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#4 Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by tmacklin »

Rocket Babe wrote:Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! :D

Let's hope 2017 will be better than 2016.
That's quite a pose of you at the top of the stair. Kinda reminds me of Miss Kitty at the Long Branch Saloon. I can imagine Randy at the foot of the stair carrying up a couple of frosty mugs and grinning like the cat who ate the canary! :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#5 Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Commander »

Actually I think he would be floating up the steps! :D
cartoon-man-love-caricature-floating-air-hearts-eyes-76126241.jpg
cartoon-man-love-caricature-floating-air-hearts-eyes-76126241.jpg (96.38 KiB) Viewed 6581 times
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#6 Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Rocket Babe »

:lol: Thanks! ;)

Wow! I haven't thought of Miss Kitty in a while, I loved that show! I don't imbibe very often but when I do I'm partial to margaritas and/or screw drivers. ;) All I have to do is whisper and he is happy to fetch. His hearing is amazing.

I don't know about floating, close maybe, but I did have a couple of outfits I wore in high school that made him hyperventilate in class... twice. ;) :lol:

Hmmm. Now I'll have to see if there's a bottle with a worm in it around here...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by bernomatic »

Well babe all you have to do is ask....
portrait with tequila.jpg
portrait with tequila.jpg (162.51 KiB) Viewed 6571 times
It's funny you should mention Tequila, seeing has I just got this for my birthday a couple of days ago from my eldest who was down in Mexico City.

Thanks Ə

And from the company Christmas party, some shot glasses to go with it.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by bernomatic »

cheers.jpg
cheers.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 6571 times
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#9 Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Joe Wooten »

Merry Christmas to all you guys too!!

Judy and I get to leave the freezing Northern Illinois weather behind on Tuesday as we head down to Key West to join oldest son and his wife for Christmas.......