The People's Republic of California

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 The People's Republic of California

Post by Commander »

I was talking to a couple who hailed from California (one a illegal undocumented :mrgreen: alien from Ohio, the husband [no, he is not hispanic], one native born, the wife) at the company Christmas party. I may have slipped and let my disillusionment of CA people show by referring to the fruits and nuts out there or some such. I was at the time defending myself against one of the company principals on my vote for president. I was relating how I had other oars in the water besides land surveying, that being model rocketry and how in CA this was regulated and how one of the things Donald Trump was going to do is help cut regulations in government.

So, I was reflecting on this conversation when I recalled a thread on another forum dealing with California Proposition 65. Now according to Wikipedia (a sound source I am sure :roll: )
The first statutory requirement of Proposition 65 prohibits businesses from knowingly discharging listed substances into drinking water sources, or onto land where the substances can pass into drinking water sources. The second prohibits businesses from knowingly exposing individuals to listed substances without providing a clear and reasonable warning.
California Proposition 65

Well I was thinking on it a bit, and I came to realize that with a good lawyer, one could sue any business that one visited in California. :shock:

You see, if they don't have a notice at their exit admonishing you that leaving the establishment will expose you to a substance that is known to the State of California to cause cancer (sunlight), they are in violation of the second statutory requirement. :o :lol: The reason it will take a good lawyer is for him to show that the State of California knows this substance to cause cancer in the prescribed amounts, but has been negligent in adding it to the official list. Thus they may be able to include the state as a defendant also.:ugeek:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: The People's Republic of California

Post by luke strawwalker »

Yes, there's no end to the stupidity out there...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#3 Re: The People's Republic of California

Post by Commander »

Stupidity is one thing, imposing inane law after inane law is self defeating. You may as well just declare yourself a slave of the state.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#4 Re: The People's Republic of California

Post by luke strawwalker »

I agree... we've already had an influx of new businesses and people escaping from the last round of California's stupidity...

The problem is, a lot of them bring the same sort of twisted mindset with them that makes California such an insane asylum, and then want to spread that mindset of overcontrol wherever they go.

It's like a spreading disease...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Re: The People's Republic of California

Post by bernomatic »

Let's hope Trump is the cure.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer