Attention All Hands- New User Filter Set

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 Attention All Hands- New User Filter Set

Post by Commander »

Due to the continuing assault by Spammers, We here on the Starport have decided to start using a filtering program for new members on the forum. I was having to delete one or two a day lately. While this may not seem excessive, it does cut into my time in other endeavors. I have tried in the past to be open to all, but garbaging up the Starport is not a friendly start to a relationship. :x

While I do not anticipate any issues with any existing members ability to sign in or post or any of those things, if anyone has any problems doing so, please feel free to use the contact form on the main site link to inform me of the problem, as using the link on the Cantina will probably result in the same denial.

I wish I didn't have to take this step, but we have to deal with intrusive characters out there.

Thank you
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#2 Re: Attention All Hands- New User Filter Set

Post by tmacklin »

Commander wrote:Due to the continuing assault by Spammers, We here on the Starport have decided to start using a filtering program for new members on the forum. I was having to delete one or two a day lately. While this may not seem excessive, it does cut into my time in other endeavors. I have tried in the past to be open to all, but garbaging up the Starport is not a friendly start to a relationship. :x

While I do not anticipate any issues with any existing members ability to sign in or post or any of those things, if anyone has any problems doing so, please feel free to use the contact form on the main site link to inform me of the problem, as using the link on the Cantina will probably result in the same denial.

I wish I didn't have to take this step, but we have to deal with intrusive characters out there.

Thank you
Proving once again...

"There are more horses' asses in the world than there are horses."
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: Attention All Hands- New User Filter Set

Post by bernomatic »

So far, so good. Life has become that much easier. Kinda wish I had done this a long time ago.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#4 Re: Attention All Hands- New User Filter Set

Post by Joe Wooten »

Aww *oops you said word #1
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Re: Attention All Hands- New User Filter Set

Post by bernomatic »

Them little peckers are determined. I guess I shouldn't have said anything. Now there sending the newbies not on the roles to sneak in.

Hey :!: :idea: I just thought of something. there's a parallel here. Just like a jihadist from Syria or other parts, if they've never been reported before, they're allowed in until it's too late and they have spammed all over the walls and floors. The major difference is that at least with the spammers there's no loss of human life. :x
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#6 Re: Attention All Hands- New User Filter Set

Post by luke strawwalker »

bernomatic wrote:Them little peckers are determined. I guess I shouldn't have said anything. Now there sending the newbies not on the roles to sneak in.

Hey :!: :idea: I just thought of something. there's a parallel here. Just like a jihadist from Syria or other parts, if they've never been reported before, they're allowed in until it's too late and they have spammed all over the walls and floors. The major difference is that at least with the spammers there's no loss of human life. :x
LOL...

Just sent you a notice for some el cabron who posted some *oops you said word #1 in espanol...

Chinga his Madre...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...