Like the layout of the Cantina on my cellphone

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 Like the layout of the Cantina on my cellphone

Post by Commander »

I'm not one to keep my nose plastered in my cellphone, but I have lately been checking out the Cantina while riding the bus to and from work. If I do say so myself, I find the Cantina much easier to use on my cellphone than some of the other rocketry forums.

I was wondering how many others here read us on their mobile device?
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: Like the layout of the Cantina on my cellphone

Post by luke strawwalker »

I do when I'm at my mom's (she's alone on the other farm 100 miles west now since Dad passed in late October, so I go up at least once a week, sometimes spending the night). You're right that it's easier to use than many other forums on a cell phone.

I despise most "mobile friendly" site versions anyway, and MUCH prefer the web-based versions. Tractor House's mobile version is practically useless...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: Like the layout of the Cantina on my cellphone

Post by bernomatic »

I didn't knowingly make the site mobile friendly, it just came with the package. However, that being said, it just seems to me that this site flows better than some of the others. I may not get the full overview that I get on the PC or laptop at home, but it lets me smoothly transition from one place to another and really pick out the sub-forums and topics I want to read.
On another site, I find myself zooming in and out just trying to get to the day's new posts. It always seems like you're in danger of accidentally tapping on something while zooming.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#4 Re: Like the layout of the Cantina on my cellphone

Post by luke strawwalker »

bernomatic wrote:I didn't knowingly make the site mobile friendly, it just came with the package. However, that being said, it just seems to me that this site flows better than some of the others. I may not get the full overview that I get on the PC or laptop at home, but it lets me smoothly transition from one place to another and really pick out the sub-forums and topics I want to read.
On another site, I find myself zooming in and out just trying to get to the day's new posts. It always seems like you're in danger of accidentally tapping on something while zooming.
EXACTLY. Kudos too on the choices of colors on the forum... I HATE that some of the forums (particularly YORF) appears in SUCH a small font size and the colors/contrast between the text and background is harder to read. About the only way it could be worse is if the text was in RED...

I have YORF permanently zoomed up to about 150% to even make it readable... just irritating...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...