What next?

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 What next?

Post by Commander »

So with the advent of the tracking theodolite, I find myself asking where can I go next? What do I need to buy next? I really don't need anything else period however my mind keeps going to a pickup truck with a four-wheel ATV in the back or recovery operations. :shock: :D
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#2 Re: What next?

Post by Joe Wooten »

Tracking theodolite? Old school, unless there's some new GPS version......
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#3 Re: What next?

Post by Commander »

Joe Wooten wrote:Tracking theodolite? Old school, unless there's some new GPS version......
I guess you didn't see the blurb in the Ground Support Equipment sub-forum.

Besides the reasons mentioned there, in group activity launches (scouts, 4-H, school), you are keeping more of the group involved in ALL of the launches. With the tracking theodolite I am designing, it's easier (and more accurate) for the tracker to just keep the dot of the hologram sight on the rocket than to use the old two sight system.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#4 Re: What next?

Post by Commander »

The quick response recovery team has been set aside as of now. M.O.A.R. says until the Starport starts bring a bit more income ;) such high budget items are not to be forthcoming. Do to her recent passing of Calculus 2 and forthcoming incipient passing of Calculus 3, I have been relegated to a none mathematical status in the family. My superior standing as the "math genius of the family" based on my land surveying math skills has been deposed by M.O.A.R.'s academic credentials. This has caused me mixed emotions: while I was not upset to be awakened at 6 am in the morning recently to explain certain trig functions to my youngest son so he could finish his online school and graduate, it felt kinda like I was no longer necessary in the family :( . Of course that feeling was quickly forgotten as soon as someone needed money. :lol: Such are the trials and tribulations of family life, which is shortly to once again be altered, as youngest son just mentioned above, leaves in October for Navy :x basic training, followed by BUDS training (SEAL school).

Back on subject...

The quick response recovery team didn't seem like much of a project anyhow seeing as the thing that it most required was cash. That wasn't going to fly as anyone who has been around here for a while knows that my projects mostly require a lot of my time. That way I can never get anything done while claiming I'm doing lots of things. :roll:

So the newest project to be placed on the Starport Sagitta to do list will be a Wind Tunnel.

Look for it by 2020.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971