A little down time

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 A little down time

Post by bernomatic »

Ever since the accident on Sunday were I sliced my hand and had to get five stitches, I've slowed down a bit. I did work on the lathe bench legs a bit, but that was more climbing back on the horse that threw you than anything else. I guess I also did a bit on the tracking theodolite, but I'll post about those problems in that thread, but suffice it to say here, they were drafting issues and manufacturing issues. I really wished I could have gone to NARAM since it was just over in Michigan, but I just didn't know if I could trust going past the place where GH lives. I might be assaulted by emanations from him even without coming in contact, :shock: Still, it would have been nice to finally launch something this year. 8-)
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: A little down time

Post by luke strawwalker »

Yep...

The weather has conspired to torpedo every launch that the club has attempted out here this year... that and "real life" I suppose.

Sooner or later... :) OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Trident
Space Chief Petty officer
Space Chief Petty officer

#3 Re: A little down time

Post by Trident »

We are getting really cool weather so far this month, enough to eliminate that fire bans that have shut down most club launches in Denver and Northern Colorado. Last month I drove down to Pueblo to fly with the good folks of S.C.O.R.E. in Pueblo, on the Hudson Ranch. John Boren, Estes head designer, flies with them, since Penrose is just up the road about 50 miles. I got to know John at NSL in May and enjoyed flying with him in Pueblo. Next year this club will be hosting NARAM 60, celebrating the 60 year anniversary of the NAR. Should be a great event, and I am sure Estes is planning something big. I think it will be their 60th also.
Hope some of you can make it out to the event.
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL