Just a thought on the kneeling NFL Players

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 Just a thought on the kneeling NFL Players

Post by Commander »

Everybody else is weighing in on the subject, I guess I can add my two cents.

Too much is made in the good ole US of A about our "rights". We have a right to this and a right to that and should we ever decide we need something, why, we'll add that as another right. This whole thing of our wants-rights could be the subject of a whole other thread. But suffice it to say, as citizens of the United States of America we do have some actually important rights. One of these rights guaranteed by the first Amendment (ANTI-Fa notwithstanding) is the right to free speech. That right is important and does and should include the freedom too criticize and/or abuse the symbols of these United States. So good ahead and burn the flag, kneel during the anthem, throw paint on monuments. YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT!

but wait :?

As any good boy scout or someone older than 35 who paid attention in civics class (and probably those legal immigrants taking citizenship classes), can tell you, there is a balance. A responsibility or a duty to balance those rights. Of course responsibility and duty are dirty words to millennials and those on the progressive left, as once they were for older people (I'm thinking of the 1960's crowd). Some day the Millenials may grow out of it, but the progressive left don't seem to get it.

So what responsibility would we have as citizens that would have a bearing on this issue? Why the responsibilty to show respect for our country. If the country gives you these rights, you should have the decency to show some respect to that country AND ITS SYMBOLS! Not doing so just shows the immaturity and self centered nature of those who have to have everything all their way.

Colin Kaepernick wanted to avail himself of his first amendment right to protest. That is his choice. He had the responsibility to pursue that right in a way that would be dignified to him, his subject and our country. He choose to grandstand instead and disrespect the symbols of that country which allowed him to voice his opinion. Rather than do something positive and be a good role model to our children, he decided to kneel in the gutter and try and drag the NFL down with him. :cry:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#2 Re: Just a thought on the kneeling NFL Players

Post by Commander »

Just a thought---

How about we get some police officers to "protest" at certain NFL players residences. Maybe carrying signs stating that 911 calls from this area will be handled last :?:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: Just a thought on the kneeling NFL Players

Post by luke strawwalker »

Commander wrote:Just a thought---

How about we get some police officers to "protest" at certain NFL players residences. Maybe carrying signs stating that 911 calls from this area will be handled last :?:
(in gimp voice) "Yer not allowed to do that..."

(gimp voice off)...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...