Good guy with a gun stops bad guy with agun in Maryland School

Stories, articles, and reports about our right to bear arms
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Good guy with a gun stops bad guy with agun in Maryland School

Post by bernomatic »

Great ready for some verbal gymnastics of Olympic performance levels.

More grief as another teenager attempted a school shooting spree today. There was a little bit of a different ending as in this case only two innocent teens were injured and the only death as that of the shooter. :arrow: story

Now here is were the verbal gymnastics starts. Maryland has some of the strictest gun control laws on the east coast. No handguns under 21, background check required, fingerprinting required, training course... etc. etc. Yet this 17 year old still procured a handgun and attempted to follow n the sick footsteps of other school shooters. The problem is, he was stopped after only wounding two other students. Now I'm not saying that it is acceptable to even have two injuries. What I am saying is that it could have been worse if he wasn't confronted by an ARMED school resource officer and stopped before he could go any further. That is the long and short of it, he tried and was stopped before extreme grief could be extolled on the parents, students and staff of that school.

The verbal gymnastics will begin when the progressive liberals try to defend there gun control measures and praise the fact that the body count wasn't higher because of their gun control laws. Watch, the line will be " well if it weren't for the assault weapons ban in the state, we're sure he would have wounded or killed more. If he had a high capacity magazine, there would be a lot of body bags in the morgue today." and so many more straw man assurances. All of this verbal mumbo jumbo is just the progressives grasping at straws to try to get even more guncontrol. It will end with a statement along the lines that all this means is that the gun control laws are not draconian enough and we need even more on the record.

All of that is just plain garbage. This kid broke all the laws they had and additional ones would have had just as much of an effect as the ones already there. In other words, no difference. I hate to put words in someone's mouth, but I don't see someone about to break some laws stop what he is doing because,"oh gee I just want over my law breaking limit".

Force met force and stopped it cold, not by holding up a copy of the local codified ordinances of the jurisdiction (although with the amount of laws now a days, it may make an adequate bullet proof shield) but by distributing a lesson (and not just to that particular shooter) of what real karma is.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Re: Good guy with a gun stops bad guy with agun in Maryland School

Post by bernomatic »

And another thing, one of the students called CNN to tell them while waiting for the all clear. WTF? I would hope if it were one of my children, they would be on the phone with me til I had picked them up.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: Good guy with a gun stops bad guy with agun in Maryland School

Post by luke strawwalker »

bernomatic wrote:And another thing, one of the students called CNN to tell them while waiting for the all clear. WTF? I would hope if it were one of my children, they would be on the phone with me til I had picked them up.
Not when the whole country now are media whores... they've been taught well by the Kardashians and all that other garbage...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...