Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Politifact

Politicians and the press rarely look for the truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth anymore. Here are stories which will be remembered (incorrectly) for a long time.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Politifact

Post by bernomatic »

The new rising star in the democratic party is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who is running for congress in New York. She is pretty much a shoo-in for the office as her district is predominantly democratic.

However, that doesn't mean she is not vulnerable to misrepresenting things, as many politicians do. The main thing I noticed when I searched her name on the politifact website :arrow: was that even for a democrat, she has a predominantly negative result there.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (70.56 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
The best she could muster was a "mostly true" and that on a local issue type item. For the rest, two falses and two pants on fire. This is the worst I have seen poliyifact treat a liberal. They typically, that I have seen, will balance out any negative stuff with "fact checking" on inane statements. You know like, when asked, "How was the weather in the woods this weekend Mrs. Clinton?"; "Just Grand, it was warm and sunny." Politifact checked with NOAA and it was 74°F with a scattering of clouds in the upper skies. We rate this statement "Mostly True" :shock:
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer