RELEASE THE MEMO

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 RELEASE THE MEMO

Post by bernomatic »

Well, the memo has been released, and to the opposing party's dismay, the world didn't blow up in a cloud of sparkly bits as seen in the movies. Of course now the second act starts. Time to deny, deny, deny.

The story line from the opposing party will be that the other party warped and twisted the facts. I guess they would be happy to have all pertinent documents and transcripts declassified and released to show just how badly the other party prevaricated? I doubt it. Sunshine is not the opposing parties friend. They would rather hide behind the smoky wisps and myriad trails of fog that are classified documents.

I for one applaud the unveiling of the document and would like to see more by both sides. I have a feeling that a lot of information that would prove informational to the public and damaging to certain political figures and cliches, while being not sensitive to the national security is being tossed into the miasma of secret. The current administration has previously shown that city likes the sunlight by releasing the Kennedy assassination files. I would like to see more in this vein.

Release the info, let the people decide at election time.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: RELEASE THE MEMO

Post by luke strawwalker »

lukeskywalkerlike.jpg
lukeskywalkerlike.jpg (53.35 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: RELEASE THE MEMO

Post by bernomatic »

For those who think this whole thing is being overblown, I have one word, Watergate. That single incursion into the DNC campaign's HQ has had more influence over the past forty years than any other single action in politics. Why just the second half of the word is now synonymous with with any controversy, political or not. (i.e. inflategate, Whitewatergate, etc. etc.)

The other thing this shows is a continual abuse of power by the previous administration. The IRS scandals, The DOJ foibles (fast and furious), I have a phone and a pen, DACA and DAPA. Well you get the hint. While those favoring the opposing party may point to the Current Administration as usurping powers, so far as we know, President Trump has only enacted things previous presidents did with little or no concern. Even the great undoing of DACA was done with a codicil that the legislature should do their job and correct President Obama's action in creating the program.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Re: RELEASE THE MEMO

Post by bernomatic »

And now, for whatever reason, the left's counter memo was not released.

Who didn't see this coming :?:

And of course they'll all point fingers at each other and scream foul.

The left position:
Donald Trump is not releasing it because it goes against his story and proves just how racist, xenophobic and <insert fourth grade insult here> he really is.

The right position:
They inserted information damaging to the national intelligence community just so they could accuse us of a cover up.

This is what happens when we give too much power to a political class and they in turn give way too much power to a bureaucratic class with the ability to cover things up,
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#5 Re: RELEASE THE MEMO

Post by luke strawwalker »

Never wrestle with a pig... they only drag you down to their level down in the mud and they enjoy it...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#6 Re: RELEASE THE MEMO

Post by tmacklin »

The left is upset because the memo not only incriminates them, it puts the lie to their "Trump colluding with Russia" narrative. If one really wants to see an American president colluding with the Russians, listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE