Reup, reup your crazzzy, reup, reup your outta yur mind.

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Reup, reup your crazzzy, reup, reup your outta yur mind.

Post by bernomatic »

Back in December of last year on the old Cantina, I wrote a thread regarding women being allowed in the combat roles now and if that meant they would now have to register for the draft
Women now allowed in Combat Roles, so now what about the draft?
Well, guess what, The House just approved a measure to require our young ladies to register.
House Panel Approves Measure to Require Women to Register for Draft
Rep. Jackie Speier, a Democrat from California, thanked Hunter for proposing the amendment.
"I actually support universal conscription; I actually think if we want equality in this, if we want women to be treated precisely like men are treated and that they should not be discriminated against, we should be willing to support a universal conscription," she said.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#2 Re: Reup, reup your crazzzy, reup, reup your outta yur mind.

Post by Joe Wooten »

I bet it languishes in committee until November and then it will be allowed to die.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: Reup, reup your crazzzy, reup, reup your outta yur mind.

Post by bernomatic »

Joe Wooten wrote:I bet it languishes in committee until November and then it will be allowed to die.
Nope, the committee has already approved it. It is an amendment to the proposed fiscal 2017 National Defense Authorization Act. Now of course it wouldn't be the first time the tail wagged the dog and an amendment caused a bill to be down voted while the rest of the bill would have passed easily, bu this is more than that.

Even the amendment author voted against it in committee showing this is just a show proposal to illuminate the current idiots in the administration what will happen because of their social engineering of the military.
"Here is why I think this is important; it doesn't matter in this debate whether you think women should be in the infantry or be in special operations," Hunter said during the session on Wednesday night. "I personally don't. If we had that vote in committee today I would vote against women being in infantry and special operations.
"But this is not about women serving in the infantry. The administration has made that decision unilaterally disregarding what the Marine Corps and special operations communities have said. But that's not what this is about. Right now the draft is sexist. Right now the draft only drafts young men. Women are excluded."

The tampering with the military has far more reaching problems than just showing the administration puts "equality" above other things. Sending women to combat does more than affect unit cohesiveness. One well known effect is the disruption of the "supply train". Not of materials so much, but of fresh replacements for those killed and wounded in battle.

Also, right now there is at least one, if not more court cases arguing the legality of a male only draft registration 'Things Have Changed,' U.S. Judge Says Of Case Over Men-Only Military Draft. How the case(s) are determined may have adverse affects for the power hungry progressives as the registration and draft may be deemed illegal and could be stopped in whole. Highly unlikely, but possible. The powers that be would lose another hold over the people.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Ghrocketman
Space Petty Officer
Space Petty Officer

#4 Re: Reup, reup your crazzzy, reup, reup your outta yur mind.

Post by Ghrocketman »

If they want all the same rights as us Men, they should have to register for the draft and potentially put their asses on the line too for our country. Anything less is nothing but hypocrite BS.
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.
Always MAYHEM, always !