third party gimmick thought

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 third party gimmick thought

Post by bernomatic »

At the beginning of this whole mess, everyone was worried that if Donald Trump didn't get the GOP nomination, he would run as a third party and effectively give the election to Hillary. It was such a big concern, they made everyone sign an agreement that they wouldn't run third party and that they would support the GOP nominee. At the time, it was just another thing to try and make Trump look like he was out for just himself. He signed it along with the other candidates.

Now we have numerous politicians reneging on the agreement and even talk of running one of them third party. Forget the hypocrisy of the politicians and the irony that now they are being shown as the ones who are the sore losers. We all know the importance of the next president. The main thing is not if he will "make America great again in the next 4 years, nor if he will build a wall; nor if he will make China trade fairly. All those things would be nice to have, but the one thing that will be the hardest to overcome and forever change the landscape of the United States of America is if a democrat gets to pick the next Supreme court judge.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#2 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by tmacklin »

The selection of president is not nearly as important as the selections of members of congress. Congress has abdicated its duties under the Constitution and the results have been Bush, Clinton, Bush and now BO running amok and doing as they please. I don't see either Clinton or Trump as our savior since neither will even mention the Constitution in their rhetoric and I don't see congress standing up to these rogue chief executives who differ only in style.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eeny,_meeny,_miny,_moe
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#3 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by Commander »

As to the presidential candidates, do you want the one who knows how to WORK the system, or the one who knows how to ABUSE the system.

With regards to congress, there is just too much to overcome with the incumbent benefits, which is why I say we need congressional term limits.

It is only in the Supreme Court that we can get some semblance of consistency for any extended period of time. They also have a degree of control over the presidency, but have exceeding their powers also.

So we end up with power corrupting absolutely. We have allowed the gradually usurpation of power by the federal government over the years, but in an excessive rate since the civil war.

At least that's my thoughts. YMMV
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#4 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by Joe Wooten »

No matter who wins this fall, the bill for 8 years of unchecked 0bama will be coming due by 2018 at the latest. Hilliary will merely do a Maduro and double down on the really stupid. Trump might work with the rest and force down the bitter medicine that will be necessary. That medicine will have to include reducing the size and scope of the regulatory state that has increased unchecked for the last 40 years.

I'd like to see both DoE's go down in flames first.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#5 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by luke strawwalker »

Joe Wooten wrote:No matter who wins this fall, the bill for 8 years of unchecked 0bama will be coming due by 2018 at the latest. Hilliary will merely do a Maduro and double down on the really stupid. Trump might work with the rest and force down the bitter medicine that will be necessary. That medicine will have to include reducing the size and scope of the regulatory state that has increased unchecked for the last 40 years.

Exactly. Nobody's figured that out yet, though. Everybody thinks the train will just keep on rolling forever, regardless of the fact it's nearly out of gas.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#6 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by Commander »

The preppers seem to understand and are getting ready for civil chaos, at least according to some of the articles I've read.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#7 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by Commander »

Of course, they're always getting ready, so who can really tell?
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#8 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by Joe Wooten »

Preppers gonna prep. It's what they do. Everyone has to have a hobby.....

I try to keep at least 2-3 weeks worth of canned/fried food in the pantry, at least 10 gallons of drinking water, and 200-300 rounds of ammo for various guns I have. Now that the youngest is out of college, I might get a propane powered 1500 watt generator and/or a couple of 50 watt PV panels.
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#9 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by Joe Wooten »

luke strawwalker wrote:
Joe Wooten wrote:No matter who wins this fall, the bill for 8 years of unchecked 0bama will be coming due by 2018 at the latest. Hilliary will merely do a Maduro and double down on the really stupid. Trump might work with the rest and force down the bitter medicine that will be necessary. That medicine will have to include reducing the size and scope of the regulatory state that has increased unchecked for the last 40 years.

Exactly. Nobody's figured that out yet, though. Everybody thinks the train will just keep on rolling forever, regardless of the fact it's nearly out of gas.

Later! OL J R :)
That is what is sooo frustrating about the Republican party leadership. All they want to do is slow down the train a little bit so they can get a little more slop out of the trough before it plunges off broken bridge over the canyon.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#10 Re: third party gimmick thought

Post by Commander »

Joe Wooten wrote: That is what is sooo frustrating about the Republican party leadership. All they want to do is slow down the train a little bit so they can get a little more slop out of the trough before it plunges off broken bridge over the canyon.
What is really frustrating, at least to me, is that certain factions don't understand what the real message is behind the Trump nomination. I'm beginning to understand it even more and alot of people either don't get it (i.e. Tmacklin) or are so afraid of what it actually means that they have to derail it no matter what (i.e. the GOPe, chattering classes and the dems).

They misrepresent it and try to naysay it and call those supporting Trump as ninnies, imbeciles and such. There may be those on the bandwagon who would fit into those descriptions, but if you have a group large enough, you can find any negative or positive trait in it, and Trump's supporters certainly are large enough.

The real reason the latter mentioned groups are afraid, is because they realize this could be the final battle for politics as it is today. The groundswell of support for Trump is coming from a lot of people who are fed up with the way things are. If Trump gets in and doesn't come through, well let's just say it's a good thing you have a stockpile. If Hillary gets in instead, well we will see the derailing train gather even more speed. Of course she might not understand that if the train derails on her watch, the peasants won't just be eating cake.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971