Who will be Biden's VP pick?

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Who will be Biden's VP pick?

Post by bernomatic »

Tuesday nights are spent over at the Father -in-Laws. He lost his wife (not MOAR's mother) this past January and now my wife has made it mandatory we visit once a week. I'm not complaining too much, the gentleman was an accountant and has some good insights into my recent endeavors in the stock market. However, he can be quite contrarian when discussing certain things with me. Last night I was voicing my grievances with banks and their authoritarian rules regarding authorized payments. I can't believe the bank won't allow you to cancel a recurring withdrawl and that you have to go to the person making the withdrawls and get them to stop.I mean, whose money is it anyhow? Talking to the Mrs. later, she told me that her father hates the banks and the games they play. :roll:

Well, the discussion finally touched on politics, which I don't try and initiate anymore, seeing as it is quite obvious he gets his views from the network news (and I don't mean FOX). The F-I-L was mentioning that he was talking with my instrument person (second oldest daughter) on the phone earlier and the conversation they had turned to who Joe Biden would pick for his running mate. of the names I was told they discussed, none was male. I asked if they had considered any male running mates for Joe, and got a look like, "that wouldn't be PC". Of the three mentioned; Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren, the only one not bringing a ton of political baggage is Obama. She has said (although it was a while ago), that she wasn't considering running for office.

So, who do you think he will pick?
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#2 Re: ho will be Biden's VP pick?

Post by Rocket Babe »

It's a set up and it will be Harris. If Biden wins, within a few days / weeks, if he doesn't have an "accident" he'll cite some health condition and stepdown and she'll become the first female president. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Or will there be a brokered Convention?

Post by bernomatic »

Of course, we are assuming that he will get the nomination. This is the Democratic Party. They may have more nonsense up their sleeves.

Ever since the day I was watching the Democratic National Convention back in 2012 and they "ruled" in favor of a plank for their platform regarding Jerusalem and God by a voice count needing 2/3's to pass, I have been amazed at the party leaders bravado to just do what they want to do.

In the above clip it sounds more like fifty-fifty at best (which is no where near the 2/3's needed). As someone stated in the comments and as I recall myself, the nay's were much louder on live TV. Especially on that first vote. But the honchos are going to do what they have previously deemed is the correct action, the people be dammed. :shock:

Then in 2016, they pulled strings to get Hillary nominated by the use of "super delegates". :o

So you don't think there may be some subterfuge afoot? Hell, for all we know, former Ohio Governor John Kaisich (a supposed Republican) has been rumored to be attending the DNC. He may still be looking for that nomination in a brokered convention he was hoping for in 2016 with the Republican National Convention, and who knows? he may find it with the Democrats. :lol:
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer