Corporations starting to become political...

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Corporations starting to become political...

Post by bernomatic »

Actually I think they are starting to become more overtly political. It's always been there with campaign donations and lobbyists. The Coca-Cola Company CEO has launched a campaign against the State of Georgia (and I think they are retaliating) because of an election law the State passed.

As a stock holder in KO (Coca-Cola) and with the annual stock holders meeting and vote coming up, I have decided to vote against James Quincy, the current CEO, to remain on the board. I think he is just spewing propagandist rhetoric without actually looking at the underlying passed law. In many respects the law passed by the Georgia lawmakers increases your ability to vote by extending poll times and allowing more days for early voting. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-vo ... w-9-facts/ Of course this is not what President Sleepy Joe and his ilk have been spewing forth.

The actual problem is that in today's society people feel they have to be first out with their news. This tends to lead to a lot of misinformation being thrown out to the public who have little or no inclination to verify, or at least try to get the other side of the story. Time and time again we see a lie travel half way round the world before the truth ever gets out of the starting gate. With the ability of almost everyone today to spread that information via nearly instantaneous social media, the problem has only become greater.

I try not to let such things occur by almost never commenting on things as soon as I hear of them. While this may make me appear to be a troglodyte, I hope never to be blaming someone undeservedly.

:cc:
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: Corporations starting to become political...

Post by luke strawwalker »

I think *decent* people are FINALLY starting to have enough... I've seen a lot of "pushback" against Coke and people deciding to vote with their dollars and BOYCOTT them and other businesses that foolishly decide to push their own agenda rather than try to sell their product to the broadest set of consumers possible (even those DARING to disagree with their agenda).

Hollyweird is already suffering, compounded by the wu-flu, but mainly caused by their constant bombardment of woke agenda over producing anything of actual entertainment value or good storytelling. Look at these last three abominations of Star Wars movies, for instance, or the dismal disintegrating state of Star Trek and how it is crashing and burning... then when fans, the very people who MADE these "franchises" into the multibillion dollar properties they became disagree and don't like the ham-handed agenda-politics driven drivel that these "artists" (read that as "no talent hacks") crank out, they are attacked and criticized rather than politely listened to and ignored or at best, maybe even "give the public what they want". Oh well, I can watch the old stuff from decades past and thoroughly enjoy it, and ignore this claptrap drivel that they're cranking out with it's ham-fisted agenda driven propaganda nonsense totally shitting on everything that came before, which isn't even entertaining or good and can't stand up to even the slightest mental contemplation of it without poking it more full of plot holes than a balloon in a cactus patch...

I for one won't be buying any more Coke products. I don't buy Nike products, and I'm not wasting my time or money going to the next Bond film, or any more Star Wars or Star Trek films unless I see a MARKED difference in the attitudes and writing and storytelling going into it. As for Coke et al, well, let them be the "choice of a woke generation" and I hope they go broke... LOL:) Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#3 Re: Corporations starting to become political...

Post by Joe Wooten »

luke strawwalker wrote: Sun, 16 May 21, 00:04 am I think *decent* people are FINALLY starting to have enough... I've seen a lot of "pushback" against Coke and people deciding to vote with their dollars and BOYCOTT them and other businesses that foolishly decide to push their own agenda rather than try to sell their product to the broadest set of consumers possible (even those DARING to disagree with their agenda).

Hollyweird is already suffering, compounded by the wu-flu, but mainly caused by their constant bombardment of woke agenda over producing anything of actual entertainment value or good storytelling. Look at these last three abominations of Star Wars movies, for instance, or the dismal disintegrating state of Star Trek and how it is crashing and burning... then when fans, the very people who MADE these "franchises" into the multibillion dollar properties they became disagree and don't like the ham-handed agenda-politics driven drivel that these "artists" (read that as "no talent hacks") crank out, they are attacked and criticized rather than politely listened to and ignored or at best, maybe even "give the public what they want". Oh well, I can watch the old stuff from decades past and thoroughly enjoy it, and ignore this claptrap drivel that they're cranking out with it's ham-fisted agenda driven propaganda nonsense totally shitting on everything that came before, which isn't even entertaining or good and can't stand up to even the slightest mental contemplation of it without poking it more full of plot holes than a balloon in a cactus patch...

I for one won't be buying any more Coke products. I don't buy Nike products, and I'm not wasting my time or money going to the next Bond film, or any more Star Wars or Star Trek films unless I see a MARKED difference in the attitudes and writing and storytelling going into it. As for Coke et al, well, let them be the "choice of a woke generation" and I hope they go broke... LOL:) Later! OL J R :)
:USA:
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Re: Corporations starting to become political...

Post by bernomatic »

Unfortunately the corporations are being invaded by the woke crowd on the board of directors. A lot of these "intellectuals" are products of academia of the past decades. They let the minority influence policy with an unequaled heavy hand.

Take for instance the Major League Baseball team formerly known as the Indians and now The Guardians. Poll after poll showed that the majority of native Americans had no issue with the name. It wasn't in and of itself derogatory like some might say of the name Redskins (although I still don't find that name worthy of the turbulence it created). Still, enough pressure was brought forth, with the aid of the main stream media, that some felt something had to be done.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer