Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by bernomatic »

Are we now or are we close to the tipping point in this country where those of us producing should declare, "I am John Gault" and simple vanish? The numbers have reached the tipping point were more people are receiving pay from the government on April 15 (ostensibly, a plethora have their returns filed by January 31 and are hunting for the newest, largest Flat Screen TV out that year), then are sending a check to Uncle Sam. That is just those who have to file tax returns, there is an additional multitude out there that just suck from the US teat

Add to that the rank unfairness of the legal system. I'm not just citing the recent non-indictment of our national Queen, but just the multitude of rules regulations and laws. In a "free" society, should you be in danger of being arrested just living your life, because you weren't aware that filling in that ditch in front of your house on property your family has owned over a hundred years was "destroying a wetland's environment".

The problem with the progressive movement is that they do not just suggest you live a certain better way, they mandate you live that way :!: because they in all their intelligence :ugeek: know what is better for you. In a free enterprise world, an incandescent light bulb is shown to the world and the world embraces it because it is utile and inexpensive. The number of bulbs grow and enhancements and improvements are created, driven by a desire to make the consumer more enchated with the device and thus capture a bigger share of the market. In a progressive world, a CFL is mandated by the government to replace the utile, inexpensive incandescent bulb. Subsidies are given to the manufacturer to help bring the cost so the common man can afford them, but they are inferior in many ways (while being superior in only one). The disposal of the CFL' s and ultimate effect on the environment are less than optimal. As long as the Progressive government mandates it, however, we bear the frustrations. But wait, Free Enterprise enters the market and offers something that meets the states standards, but is far better than the CFL.

TBC
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#2 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by Joe Wooten »

Where are you gonna go Galt at? There is nowhere in this nation the government cannot eventually find you.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by bernomatic »

If I tell you here, they will surely know. :roll:
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#4 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by luke strawwalker »

Oh, I "checked out" on this country LONG ago. The more time passes, the worse things get. There's no "fixing" it now... the only solution is dissolution; push the "reset" button and start over.

I keep my head down, mind my own business, and do my best to stay out of the gubmint's way, and try to keep them out of mine. Problem is, the gubmint is getting like those damn bums on every street corner, who step out in front of you car looking for a handout and won't move til they get it. It's getting harder and harder to "stay out of the gubmint's way" when they're constantly making a concerted effort to jump in front of you!

I don't really care what happens to "the country" anymore-- AFAIC "stick a fork in it-- it's DONE!" I have NO illusions that things are going to get better... it's just a matter of time before they "cook the goose that laid the golden eggs" and then there's going to be a VERY messy collapse with this country ending up on the ash-heap of history, like all those before it. Cest les vis...

I agree with "where you gonna go"? There's no place in *this* country that the gubmint isn't going to find you and rape you. Most of the rest of the world is infected with various levels of similar idiot "progressive" ideology and while they might be better on SOME things, are FAR worse on others. Pick your poison-- it'll all kill you!

The best revenge is living well. I don't buy new cars and a bunch of new stuff all the time. I live frugally, peacefully, and "make do with what I have". I'm not in "the rat race" and not worried about making one dime more than I need to live HAPPILY. The more money you make, the more you have to give to the gubmint to support worthless freeloading vermin, and their "agenda". Live life, be happy, and let the rest rot...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#5 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by Joe Wooten »

The $hit started hitting the fan in Dallas last night. More to come.....It's going to be a long, hot, and ugly summer....
Ghrocketman
Space Petty Officer
Space Petty Officer

#6 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by Ghrocketman »

I wish I was surprised by what is happening but I am not at all.
We are in a pressure cooker that is about ready to blow.
Police agencies using GESTAPO tactics are only making things worse.
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.
Always MAYHEM, always !
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#7 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by Joe Wooten »

Ghrocketman wrote:I wish I was surprised by what is happening but I am not at all.
Don't forget the armed federal bureaucrats. More of them than there are Marines...
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#8 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by luke strawwalker »

Ghrocketman wrote:I wish I was surprised by what is happening but I am not at all.
Agree... cops USED to use some common sense... NOW, it's like you said... a lot of "Gestapo tactics". A LOT of cops don't know the law, don't understand it, and don't give a damn. "Guilty til proven innocent" and throwing their weight around, won't cut ANYBODY *any* slack for anything, etc. It breeds resentment and anger and mistrust.

Used to be the main issue for a cop was "making sure it didn't happen again" and just "keeping the peace". Serious stuff was another issue. Now, even the most minor infraction can end up with you on a slab, because there's a LOT of guys wearing badges that SHOULDN'T be. Not everybody is cut out for police work-- it takes a cool head, a calm and longsuffering disposition, etc. A lot of guys are too scared, don't react well under stress, take crap personally,
etc.

Anyway, I don't see it getting any better anytime soon, in fact it's likely to get much much worse.

My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#9 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by Joe Wooten »

luke strawwalker wrote:
Ghrocketman wrote:Anyway, I don't see it getting any better anytime soon, in fact it's likely to get much much worse.

Agreed, much, much worse. Most cops are going to be so paranoid that minor traffic stops will be done with weapon drawn, and the slightest perceived movement on part of the civilian will be me with gunfire.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Re: Is it time for Atlas to shrug?

Post by bernomatic »

It is always darkest before the dawn. The optimist's view. But I dare say the next six months will tell if we will be emerging from a tunnel or just burrowing deeper into the void.