Why President Trump is truly unique (and why you should give him some credit)

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Why President Trump is truly unique (and why you should give him some credit)

Post by bernomatic »

I don't know if people truly understand how momentous the swearing in of President Trump will be tomorrow, January 20, 2017. Not since 1953 have we sworn in a new President who had not previously held public office (yes Eisenhower was a general in the army, but that's not quite the same thing).

Before Eisenhower, it was U.S. Grant, another general in 1869. Before him, Zachary Taylor in 1849, you guessed it another general and before him, well George Washington.

Some came by way of administrative posts: Herbert Hoover, Secretary of Commerce; William Taft, Judge and Secretary of War.

So as much as we like to believe we are governed by "regular people", The road to the White House at least, is paved usually by political routes. For someone to come out of the populace and pull off such an accomplishment is extraordinary, especially given all the political creds his opponents had (not just Hillary, but the other Republican hopefuls)

So, imagine the times, are they a changing? Is this going to usher in an era of celebrity presidential hopefuls? Will Rosie through her hat into the ring in 2020? Or maybe some other billionaire will come forward to try and overthrow the Trump?

No matter what, at noon tomorrow, history will be made (unless you believe some of the Alex Jones conspiracies which state that Obama is going to declare a state of emergency and install military law so he can keep the presidency indefinitely :roll: .
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#2 Re: Why President Trump is truly unique (and why you should give him some credit)

Post by tmacklin »

In less than 24 hours we should remember the words of Gerald Ford...

"Our long, national nightmare is over."
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: Why President Trump is truly unique (and why you should give him some credit)

Post by bernomatic »

The day is finally here. Much scorn was heaped upon us in the early days. I still contend that while being open to other candidates in the early stages of the election, the idea of Trump taking it had a certain allure. It is possible that through the years I had become disenchanted with the typical politician. Listening like all the rest of the plebes to things the political parties thought we wanted to hear and rarely, if ever following through.
Now we have a man who is not a politician. Let's see if he can get it right.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#4 Re: Why President Trump is truly unique (and why you should give him some credit)

Post by luke strawwalker »

Like most things, I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't put faith in ANYBODY anymore. It's all BS until I SEE otherwise...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Trident
Space Chief Petty officer
Space Chief Petty officer

#5 Re: Why President Trump is truly unique (and why you should give him some credit)

Post by Trident »

One thing that keeps me optimistic is the fact that Trump has a HUUUGGE ego. :)
I believe he will do everything in his power to turn things around and restore jobs and economic growth, at a minimum. He does not want to go down as mediocre, or failed, president.
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL