Karma is going to get ya

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Karma is going to get ya

Post by bernomatic »

Irony of all ironies. Look who all of a sudden is concerned about what is written in a bill before it is passed.

Her of the "We have to pass the bill to see what's in it" is now demanding to see what's in the GOP's Health care bill. While I do believe that all members of Congress should read a bill before voting on it, In at least this one occasion, I think all members EXCEPT for Nancy Pelosi should be given the time to read the bill.

Now she says
The American people and Members have a right to know the full impact of this legislation before any vote in Committee or by the whole House,” she wrote. “These are critical questions and I hope that Republicans will honor their responsibility to the American people both before the Committees vote and before the final bill goes to the House floor.
:arrow: article
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#2 Re: Karma is going to get ya

Post by tmacklin »

This woman needs to have her head removed. I suggest the Guillotine but removal of her head might first require the services of a proctologist. What a bloody idiot!
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: Karma is going to get ya

Post by luke strawwalker »

tmacklin wrote:This woman needs to have her head removed. I suggest the Guillotine but removal of her head might first require the services of a proctologist. What a bloody idiot!
Absolutely... Talk about the whole "pot, kettle, black" thing...

I say she should be hit in the face with a cast iron skillet until she stops talking...

I would also say that ANY RESPONSIBLE and discerning member of Congress should NEVER vote for ANYTHING that they have NOT read and fully understand FIRST... I know I CERTAINLY never would...

If it cannot be read until after it's been voted upon, then it DOES NOT NEED TO BE ENACTED... I would consider that a simple, straightforward, and THOROUGHLY SELF-EVIDENT axiom...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#4 Re: Karma is going to get ya

Post by tmacklin »

luke strawwalker wrote:
tmacklin wrote:This woman needs to have her head removed. I suggest the Guillotine but removal of her head might first require the services of a proctologist. What a bloody idiot!
Absolutely... Talk about the whole "pot, kettle, black" thing...

I say she should be hit in the face with a cast iron skillet until she stops talking...

I would also say that ANY RESPONSIBLE and discerning member of Congress should NEVER vote for ANYTHING that they have NOT read and fully understand FIRST... I know I CERTAINLY never would...

If it cannot be read until after it's been voted upon, then it DOES NOT NEED TO BE ENACTED... I would consider that a simple, straightforward, and THOROUGHLY SELF-EVIDENT axiom...

Later! OL J R :)
Back in the day (way back), when I had a seat on the Van Alstyne ISD Board of Trustees, our superintendent would routinely withhold our monthly meeting agenda until Friday afternoon when they would be mailed. This meant that the information package would not be received by members until the Saturday before the Monday evening board meeting. This left very little time for trustees to read, research and digest agenda proposals and was in clear violation of Texas Law which required a MINIMUM of 72 hours notice. It didn't matter...the "in crowd" of stooges would rubber stamp any proposal put forth by the superintendent regardless of any objections by me or any other trustee. The notion of thoughtful deliberation did not exist and most often I would have no choice but to abstain from voting. On occasion I would make a motion for a vote and then vote nay just to move things along. :o

You folks want to see your government in action? Go to your local school board meetings and watch this monthly charade unfold. As the late Paul Harvey often said, "Self government without self control will not work."
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#6 Re: Karma is going to get ya

Post by Commander »

I'm particular to hot fudge myself. Of course, if ya add some Georgia pecans and the "car-mul", well....
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971