Getting harder and harder to justify the president

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Getting harder and harder to justify the president

Post by bernomatic »

But, he's still better than the other choice. :mrgreen:

Actually the way I see it, he's just flexing some muscle so he doesn't have to in the future.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Trident
Space Chief Petty officer
Space Chief Petty officer

#2 Re: Getting harder and harder to justify the president

Post by Trident »

I'm still firmly in his camp since I like what he's done so far. Like almost everyone, I wish he'd cool it with Twitter.

I'm pissed with Congress. They have total control of the agenda, and they are dragging their heels, at best. I don't recall if I have it right, but Representatives get 120 days off per year, Senators 80. It may have numbers reversed. Regardless, it is WRONG. Where else but government can this kind of crap be considered acceptable?
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: Getting harder and harder to justify the president

Post by luke strawwalker »

Trident wrote:I'm still firmly in his camp since I like what he's done so far. Like almost everyone, I wish he'd cool it with Twitter.

I'm pissed with Congress. They have total control of the agenda, and they are dragging their heels, at best. I don't recall if I have it right, but Representatives get 120 days off per year, Senators 80. It may have numbers reversed. Regardless, it is WRONG. Where else but government can this kind of crap be considered acceptable?
The Republicans are no longer "the party of the conservative people"... they're just demoncrats by another name... JAFPP (just another f***ing political party).

I don't have a problem with Trump, but seriously the Repubs need to take charge of their party again and wrestle it away from the current group of idiots running the party and entrenched in Congress if they're going to save this country. The fact that Trump has to fight his own party and gets little/no support from them speaks volumes as to just how far off the map the Republicans have gone.

As for the demoncrats, they've been elitists cloaked in class warfare for decades... got NOTHING good to say about those SOB's...

Trump's stock went down in my book when he just gave up the fight to reform or outright get rid of Nobamacare... we haven't even seen the real beginning of the mess that BS law is going to create... mark my words...

I can sorta see WHY he did just drop it, though... with a bunch of sellout gutless wonder Repubs in Congress unwilling to "make things right" for the MAJORITY of Americans (especially taxpayers and working people, rather than just welfare recipients and section 8 housing people) it would be easy to get bogged down and just lose momentum to get ANYTHING done...

He's chipping away at the dam, but the swamp STILL needs to be drained, and all the scumsuckers in it rounded up and gotten rid of...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#4 Re: Getting harder and harder to justify the president

Post by Commander »

A lot of people I talk to believe he is going to take us to war. I don't see that, at least until some short little bastard with a complex decides he can get away with a bit too much BS.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#5 Re: Getting harder and harder to justify the president

Post by luke strawwalker »

Commander wrote:A lot of people I talk to believe he is going to take us to war. I don't see that, at least until some short little bastard with a complex decides he can get away with a bit too much BS.
Oh, I think war is inevitable-- it's coming at some point whether we instigate it or someone else. The world is just too big of a mess and sooner or later someone's gonna decide to push the button to try to solve their problems...

One thing's for sure... if we had Nobama or Hitlery in the White House sitting on their thumbs and wringing their hands doing nothing wouldn't make anything any better... If we end up having to go to war, better to hit whoever needs hitting with as much force as it takes to wipe them out... sitting around hand-wringing like the demofags do isn't going to solve the problem in the long run or protect us in the short run... Demoncrats seem to think the entire world thinks like we do... that they're basically decent, civilized "good" people in "unfortunate circumstances", and if we do our PR right... if we furrow our brows and listen intently and nod our heads at the right time and offer the right concessions or hand out enough candy to the right people, that ANY problem can be solved, or at least the can can be kicked down the road...

Not so... the world has plenty of nutjobs who aren't afraid of killing millions of people to serve whatever cause they see as justifying it... in fact, the more they kill, the better they like it. Remember what Stalin said, "one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

We live in an imperfect world where sometimes the only way to truly solve the problem is to meet it with superior force, defeat it, and if necessary, destroy it utterly. Like one of my instructors said one time when I was in the police academy-- "some folks just needs killin'"... which is absolutely right. Not that cops go around LOOKING for someone to kill, but sometimes when you're in a position where you have no other choice, when the other person has driven things to that level, it's just the best solution...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...