Here we go again... impeachment

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Here we go again... impeachment

Post by bernomatic »

I'm beginning to think I need to relabel this sub-forum as "Politics as Unusual" as ever since Donald Trump started running. Nothing has been usual. Oh sure there are the same old bat dropping crazy comments by Nancy "we have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill" Pelosi, but I haven't heard of a request going around the House to impeach her.

Grasping at straws, House of Representative Democrats (and even a couple of RINO's) have considered impeaching President Trump for HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.

-Conspiring with Russian officials to overthrow the election process
-Obstruction of Justice

and now the latest high crime, sassing back to a news show host(s) on Twitter.
Four more House Democrats have signed on to a bill to begin impeachment proceedings against President Trump after his Twitter rampage against MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski.
Well so much for the first amendment right to free speech.
The bill would create a congressional "oversight" commission that could declare the president incapacitated, leading to his removal from office under the 25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
After Trump's tweets on Thursday, Raskin sent out an email to colleagues urging support for his bill.
"In case of emergency, break glass," Raskin told Yahoo News. "If you look at the record of things that have happened since January, it is truly a bizarre litany of events and outbursts."
Raskin said that Trump's tweets show a pattern of instability that means he is unfit for office.
"I assume every human being is allowed one or two errant and seemingly deranged tweets," Raskin said. "The question is whether you have a sustained pattern of behavior that indicates something is seriously wrong."
Maybe, Congressman Raskin, every human being may be allowed "one or two errant and seemingly deranged" comments, but here in the United States of America, we are allowed an unlimited amount of them. Don't believe me? Take a look at Rachel Maddow. She seems to fill the airwaves with them on a more regular basis than President Trump. In her favor is the fact that she is media and whether we like her views or not, we cannot impeach her for spouting off.

So Congressman, get back to work making America Great Again, who knows, you may get re-elected that way.

:arrow: More Dems sign onto bill to impeach Trump
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#2 Re: Here we go again... impeachment

Post by Joe Wooten »

I'd add one minor tweak to the bill, make it so the commissars on the commission can also go after congresscritters, and immediately apply it to Nancy, Dicky Durban, Chuck Schemer, and a few other choice democritters....