Trump has become a swamp rat

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Trump has become a swamp rat

Post by bernomatic »

Barely over six months into his term and President Trump has joined the swamp. :( He has made a deal to give amnesty to the DACA gang and taken the wall off the table.
I hope he goes down as one of t the few. The one term presidents.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Re: Trump has become a swamp rat

Post by bernomatic »

Someone tell me, what's faster, a lie coming from Hillary's lips, or Trump's gold on DACA/the wall?
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: Trump has become a swamp rat

Post by luke strawwalker »

"The Wall" was never gonna happen anyway... it was a preposterous idea when it was floated during the campaign... it could have happened maybe 20-25 years ago, nowdays, NO WAY.

Politically, this country seems determined to enact policies that ensure eventual national suicide, but hey, they're "feel good" measures and look like "the right thing to do", so what do you expect??

The gubmint has NEVER been serious about stopping or even slowing down illegal immigration. If they were/did, they could reduce it by probably 75-90% in short order... it's a "non-issue" IMHO... window dressing and a show to divert people's attention from the REAL issues, "bread and circuses" for the masses... The REAL issue is how do we pay for "free everything for everybody who can get here" without totally bankrupting the entire country?? NOBODY has a good answer for that... Running up the national debt can only go SO far, and "cutting off the goodies" is politically unpalatable/impossible... catch 22...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Re: Trump has become a swamp rat

Post by bernomatic »

All those things are true, but that is the only reason Donald Trump was elected president. The deplorables (myself included), believed that if there was anyone left in this country who could resist the Washington muck it would be Donald Trump. He didn't need the money or the notoriety, having already having those things.

Unless something happens to change the current outlook, this will be the same as elder Bush's no new taxes pledge, with in all probability the same results in the second term election. The base that came out to support Trump will sink back into the shadows.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Re: Trump has become a swamp rat

Post by bernomatic »

Is the rat scurrying now trying to save it's skin? Reports are that he tweeted
"The wall will come later" meaning what? After DACA amnesty? Isn't that what we were promised in the past, time and time again?
Amnesty, then immigration reform?
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#6 Re: Trump has become a swamp rat

Post by luke strawwalker »

bernomatic wrote:All those things are true, but that is the only reason Donald Trump was elected president. The deplorables (myself included), believed that if there was anyone left in this country who could resist the Washington muck it would be Donald Trump. He didn't need the money or the notoriety, having already having those things.

Unless something happens to change the current outlook, this will be the same as elder Bush's no new taxes pledge, with in all probability the same results in the second term election. The base that came out to support Trump will sink back into the shadows.
The only reason Trump was elected was to oppose illegal immigration? I seriously doubt that. Sure it's an important issue to a lot of folks, but I don't think it was the SOLE reason by a longshot.

Or, were you saying that the only reason Trump was elected was to "drain the swamp" and oppose the ideology and executive orders handed down by his predecessor. If so then I would agree with that. I think that the half of this country that pays the bills and actually works for a living is sick and tired of the communist, I mean LIBERAL, agenda and their lackeys constantly beating down everything and everyone who has made this country great while lionizing those who either have done nothing or will do nothing except take from the rest of us for no good purpose, and who are basically opposed to everything America represents.

So, Trump is "reaching across the aisle" on this issue, so that makes him a swamp rat. Maybe so, maybe not. Maybe he's got bigger fish to fry and realizes it, and this is the price. Maybe he realizes that the swamp can't be drained by one man, or he has to pick and choose what to drain, and try to clear out the worst of it. I don't know. I DO know that the RINO's are just as bad if not worse than the Demoncrat liberal communists... They are SOLELY interested in their own political futures and would sell this country down the river to seal the positions.

I've said for a long time that America needs a good enema... problem is, I think it's been compacted for SO long that the condition has become terminal.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Re: Trump has become a swamp rat

Post by bernomatic »

It is definitively not the sole reason he was elected. It was, akin to Bush one and his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge, A major driving force behind his election. Not only on the statement, but on the idea behind it, which wasn't about kicking snot nosed kids put of the country, but about standing up and supporting the law.