Not quite what this sub-forum was created for, but still...

Ways that our tax dollars are spent for good (really?) and for bad.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 Not quite what this sub-forum was created for, but still...

Post by Commander »

My youngest "woke" daughter had an article shared on Facebook.

Patagonia’s CEO is donating company’s entire $10M Trump tax cut to fight climate change.

Now I am sure she and many other feelings oriented individuals saw this as an "in your face" to President Trump, but I entered my response and hopefully she will understand and see the the true grandstanding in this action. In yet another way, maybe she will see the true good in what has been accomplished by this President.

I enter that response here, because I have a feeling that I may be on the eve of another family member unfriending me and erasing what wisdom I can try and impart.
I'm sure we're supposed to see some social justice in this and how in your face to Donald Trump this is supposed to be. But look deeper folks for the true story. What I see, is a company taking money it has earned and which has not been forcefully stolen by the federal government, and spending/investing that same money has that company sees fit. Not as the federal government sees fit, but as that company and its officers deem appropriate. That is a good thing.
This wasn't Donald Trump's money. This was Patagonia's money and they spent it how they saw fit, not how a bunch of congressmen think it should be wasted. That is a good thing. but it doesn't hurt the president. So why posture about it? To politically posture to those without a true idea of what this truly means and maybe make them think that they are somehow more woke than or are better people than our president.
Of course, we will never know to what true good cause that money could have gone, maybe in buying once public lands and setting them up as a private preserve in perpetuity, (say certain lands in Utah?). However they were spent in an endeavor to show just how great this company is in regards to the green movement.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: Not quite what this sub-forum was created for, but still...

Post by luke strawwalker »

SMH... These people... Only a LIBERAL could make paying LESS taxes sound BAD... even when it gives them the ABILITY to spend the money as they see fit, no matter how misguided it is...

If their taxes HADN'T been lowered, they'd be bitching about how the $10 million is being wasted buying weapons or half a bolt for an F-35 fighter jet... LOL:)

These people should REALLY put their money where their mouth is... surely they're making MORE than 1% profit... so why only 1 dollar in 100 that they make goes back "to the cause"?? How about donating 50% of your profits to "the cause" or better yet, 100%?? Assuming they're publicly owned (stock), how about everything after dividends??

THAT would be impressive. Til then, it's more pandering by the libtard set...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...