more conclusive amounts welcome, but $18,500,000,000 to illegals?

Ways that our tax dollars are spent for good (really?) and for bad.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 more conclusive amounts welcome, but $18,500,000,000 to illegals?

Post by bernomatic »

Say what you will about the wall and Donald Trump, and maybe you don't believe this is a waste of our tax dollars, but this does appear to be some wasteful spending. By the reporter's calculations we are spending $18,500,000,000 a year on illegal immigrants health care. I think we should always print out the total number in these instances, not just say 18.5 billion, the number just doesn't carry the same weight in my opinion.
Anyways, we have difficultly affording care for our veterans and can't give them what they deserve, how can we be paying for people who break the law coming into our country just to get the goodies? If the vets hadn't done what they had done, there might not have been a place to come to and get goodies for these law breakers.

Health care for illegals: $18.5 billion per year
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: more conclusive amounts welcome, but $18,500,000,000 to illegals?

Post by luke strawwalker »

Just another of the reasons this country is going straight down the tubes. A little simple math should tell anybody that is a ridiculous sum of money to be spending per person, especially on people who aren't paying taxes, beyond incidental taxes on burgers and gas.

Just more "tax the producers out of existence and give it to do-nothings". Same recipe that bankrupted nations throughout history. We won't be any different in the end.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#3 Re: more conclusive amounts welcome, but $18,500,000,000 to illegals?

Post by Joe Wooten »

luke strawwalker wrote:Just another of the reasons this country is going straight down the tubes. A little simple math should tell anybody that is a ridiculous sum of money to be spending per person, especially on people who aren't paying taxes, beyond incidental taxes on burgers and gas.

Just more "tax the producers out of existence and give it to do-nothings". Same recipe that bankrupted nations throughout history. We won't be any different in the end.

Yep. Sooner or later, you run out of other people's money. A hard fact too damn many in this nation refuse to see....
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#4 Re: more conclusive amounts welcome, but $18,500,000,000 to illegals?

Joe Wooten wrote:
luke strawwalker wrote:Just another of the reasons this country is going straight down the tubes. A little simple math should tell anybody that is a ridiculous sum of money to be spending per person, especially on people who aren't paying taxes, beyond incidental taxes on burgers and gas.

Yep. Sooner or later, you run out of other people's money. A hard fact too damn many in this nation refuse to see....
"Like!" :) OL J R :)
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Re: more conclusive amounts welcome, but $18,500,000,000 to illegals?

Post by bernomatic »

The other end of the deal is the legislative imposing "surcharges" as I just heard about in Texas in regards to some traffic fines. A state representative Joe Pickett - El Paso, a Democrat of course has stated about the surcharge "Here's the reality: We're the government, we're not going to give up the money."
Driver surcharges throw too many Texans into financial chaos
That should be a call t arms to all you Texas gents to get rid of this worthless, self important piece of almost said word one. Mary Antionette's "let them eat cake" at least was trying to placate her citizen's. This guy just throws it in your face, and you rough, tough, no BS Texans just take it :?: On top of everything else, it involves your transportation. Why, once upon a time in Texas, a horse thief was the worse scum of the earth in Texas. Now because it is a "horseless carriage" you just take it.
Here's a notion :idea: , before you go telling me that a guy who has the balls to call a bunch of reporters liars and sleazes isn't worthy, why not grow a pair yourself and get this type of worthless scum thrown out of office?
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#6 Re: more conclusive amounts welcome, but $18,500,000,000 to illegals?

Post by Joe Wooten »

bernomatic wrote:The other end of the deal is the legislative imposing "surcharges" as I just heard about in Texas in regards to some traffic fines. A state representative Joe Pickett - El Paso, a Democrat of course has stated about the surcharge "Here's the reality: We're the government, we're not going to give up the money."
That should be a call t arms to all you Texas gents to get rid of this worthless, self important piece of almost said word one. Mary Antionette's "let them eat cake" at least was trying to placate her citizen's. This guy just throws it in your face, and you rough, tough, no BS Texans just take it :?: On top of everything else, it involves your transportation. Why, once upon a time in Texas, a horse thief was the worse scum of the earth in Texas. Now because it is a "horseless carriage" you just take it.
Here's a notion :idea: , before you go telling me that a guy who has the balls to call a bunch of reporters liars and sleazes isn't worthy, why not grow a pair yourself and get this type of worthless scum thrown out of office?
If he was not in El Paso, he would not have been elected in the first place. Too many of the Mexicans there vote democrat for the "free" *oops you said word #1 they get paid for by the gubmit.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#7 Re: more conclusive amounts welcome, but $18,500,000,000 to illegals?

Joe Wooten wrote:
bernomatic wrote:The other end of the deal is the legislative imposing "surcharges" as I just heard about in Texas in regards to some traffic fines. A state representative Joe Pickett - El Paso, a Democrat of course has stated about the surcharge "Here's the reality: We're the government, we're not going to give up the money."
If he was not in El Paso, he would not have been elected in the first place. Too many of the Mexicans there vote democrat for the "free" *oops you said word #1 they get paid for by the gubmit.
Like...

Hell even the Magna Carta spelled out that one could only be hung once for the same crime. Not in modern America it seems.

What the hell happened to the country I was born in?? Cuz this sure ain't it!

later! OL J R :)