What. The. FVCK??

Ways that our tax dollars are spent for good (really?) and for bad.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#1 What. The. FVCK??

Post by luke strawwalker »

Here's one for the "WTF?" file...

As yall probly know, my mom passed back in May 7 of 2020 from heart failure after a five-six week rotating battle of hospitalizations and home care followed by home hospice... OF course with the fungus amongus lockdowns and other associated bullsh!t, the probate has been dragging on basically since then and still is in process.

SO, my sister was their executor, which was fine. She went to the post office to have all their mail forwarded from their home address in Shiner to her home address in Needville. Pretty straightforward, eh??

Well, in the meantime, due to the stupid virus basically torpedoing ANOTHER school year in Fort Bend ISD and at Travis HS where my wife teaches and daughter attended school, we moved to Shiner in late summer so Keira could attend a NORMAL school here in Shiner and have as NORMAL a year as possible, which she has so far. They even won the 2A state championship in football the week before Christmas break started! ANYWAY, I'd changed my address to Shiner a couple years back because I was up here half the time helping take care of my mom and the farm anyway, though I was basically back and forth between here and Needville, as I considered this my "residence" anyway. SO, it's not exactly a new development that I've been getting mail ADDRESSED TO ME *here* at the Shiner farm.

Well, in the process of the estate, my sister got a letter from social security that they had deposited a payment into her account for about $700 that was owed to my mother for whatever reason, and since my brother and I are also entitled to 1/3 of the payment; Jay got his check awhile back. I however have not.

Then of course we also had to transfer the titles for her vehicles over to my sister, brother, and I. She got the 2016 van, I got the 2012 van, plus the old 2005 van that I've been driving in exchange for using my pickup for all the farm towing/hauling, which now has 335,000 miles on it and is worth about $200 LOL:) Plus I got the old 2006 minivan that mom and Dad quit driving when they got their newer ones, and it's sat in the shed for about the last 8 years. Have to get it running again, if it will run, and with it not running, it was basically worth scrap price. ANYWAY, after she jumped through all the hoops to get the titles, they should have come in the mail TO ME at SHINER, but ended up at my sisters in Needville...

SO, Betty got on the phone with Social Security this morning and after an hour on the phone with them, found out that yeah they HAVE sent me a check, THREE TIMES in fact, but the POST OFFICE keeps sending them back. Like my car titles, turns out that since they have my COMPLETE name, including my middle name that is the SAME AS MY DAD's NAME, the DAMN STUPID POST OFFICE MAIL SORTING COMPUTERS end up kicking MY letters, including the Social Security check, into the "redirect/forward" mail with a barcode to forward it to MY SISTER in Needville. Well, as it turns out, it's illegal for the mail to forward a Social Security or gubmint check, so therefore it gets kicked out and RETURNED TO SENDER, right back to the SS Administration. SO, Betty calls the local Post Office here in Shiner and explains the problem, and that mail addressed to JEFFREY GLENN ROBERTS at my address here should come HERE TO ME, where the stuff addressed to GLENN ROBERTS or GLENN W. ROBERTS should go to my sister as part of the estate. "NOPE!, Sorry, can't do it. We don't do it anyway, it's the COMPUTER... it does that all the time, because when it sorts mail, it cannot differentiate between JEFFREY GLENN Roberts and GLENN ROBERTS, so it AUTOMATICALLY kicks it into the "forward" bin, and since it's a SSA envelope which cannot be forwarded, it's kicked out of there and RETURNED TO SENDER. SO, basically, there's NO WAY I can get my check so long as the fvcking gubmint computers are programmed to forward any mail to Needville because of the stupid WORTHLESS gubmint post office computer. She said they can't do anything about it-- it's all AUTOMATIC before they ever get the mail from the regional center or whatever... Just crazy.

SO, it's just another typical worthless d@mn gubmint ball of sh!t... Asked my sister to cancel the forwarding order to that my check can actually be delivered, but she's wound up because she's getting a bunch of tax stuff right now... so I guess I'm screwed unless I can convince my sister to cancel the order, so that the old folk's mail comes here, which isn't a problem-- I can send it back home with Betty every weekend so my sister can have it brought to her by Betty and she can handle the taxes and estate crap that remains... because otherwise the damn gubmint has their shoestrings (and mine) tied together in their own d@mn stupid catch 22...

I have to laugh, because poor ol' "Frog-n-buff" over on YORF got his panties in a wad because of the "stupid term he despises" that i use in calling our "beloved GOVERNMENT" the "gubmint"... I guess it offends his respect for our gubbamint and all thier friggin' stupidity... OF course I have NO SUCH RESPECT for our fvcking moronic leadership and I'm not going to waste my time typing it correctly when "gubmint" will do, and it perfectly suits their imbecility and stupidity and the amount of respect they actually deserve.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Re: What. The. FVCK??

Post by bernomatic »

I had a similar situation a year or so ago. Little Berno moved into his own apartment and submitted a change of address with the post office. Our middle names are different, so he made sure to include his full middle name. Well it made no difference, everything from Bernomatic to Berno was being forwarded to him. To make matters worse, his mailbox at the apartment complex was broken and management was in no hurry to fix it.

Even after we notified the post office and canceled the forwarding request (which kinda annoyed 'lil Berno as the USPS charged him a nominal fee for the forwarding request), it took about six months to get everything straightened out. I had to talk with the letter carrier (mailman is not PC I guess) a couple of times because we were in transition due to the previous carrier having retired. :evil:

A certain package ordered on Amazon was coming from China and ended up having to be sent three times before I got it (by using MOAR's name on the delivery). I also had to change my name with NAR to become B. Joe instead.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: What. The. FVCK??

Post by luke strawwalker »

Yep bureaucracy at it's finest... Funny how the d@mn tax statements and jury summons never seem to be misdirected LOL:)

Oh well, what can you do... sure makes you feel warm and fuzzy about all those mail-in ballots, though, don't it??! Oh, I'm sure they were ALL legit and ended up exactly where they needed to be. And I'm sure the few semi-trailer loads of Trump ballots will end up safely buried in a nuclear waste facility where they'll be safe from prying eyes for the next 100,000 years...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...