I want my $2500/year savings, Mr. President!

Ways that our tax dollars are spent for good (really?) and for bad.
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 I want my $2500/year savings, Mr. President!

Post by bernomatic »

President Obama said that he would lower our health care premiums $2500 per year for a "typical" family video of promises

If an insurance salesman had made such claims, we would be able to sue for breech of contract, or false advertising. Why can't we sue our politicians who make false false claims and promises? To me, they make these claims and should be held to them like we would hold anyone we buy something from. The action should also be against the man, not the governmental entity. He is the one making the statements to get into and/or remain a governmental entity. Also trying to blame the fact that something was changed/nullified in getting something passed by the opposing party as the reason that it didn't come out the way you planned should not influence the case. If you cannot be certain of passage of a bill the way you have promised it, don't make the promise.

A class action suit should be enough to force him to live on a small stipend for the rest of his life. Bankruptcy should not be an option either, as it is not an option for IRS or student loan debts. :P

This would be the kind of campaign law I could endorse and would clear up a lot of the bullshit we hear at election time.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer