Our Club Makes Rocket commercial for Jack's Resturant

Anything Rocketry related from NASA, RUSSIAN FEDERAL SPACE AGENCY, Fantasy & Sci Fi
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#1 Our Club Makes Rocket commercial for Jack's Resturant

Post by Rocket Babe »

Pretty cool! 8-) 8-)

A couple of months ago our local rocketry club, the Birmingham Rocket Boys (and girls) NAR 665 assisted in making the new Jack's commercial that debut today. It features a “Der Red Max” rocket built by members of our local rocketry club, Ron Dunn and Craig Brooks.

Randy was there to get a few photos for club publicity and to be a third RSO. Craig’s wife Christina got a ton of photos and she was a big help too!

The club had to sit on this until after the commercial was officially released so we’re all pretty excited to finally see it out there.

As the heroine of a sci-fi series where the main character and many of the main supporting characters are female, when we learned the commercial was to feature a young girl and her mom out flying rockets together we were really excited. :D :D

Click to see the commercial. https://app.frame.io/d/sqAT1CJd Just click the first one to see the entire video.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#2 Re: Our Club Makes Rocket commercial for Jack's Resturant

Post by Commander »

I saw the commercials on Youtube. That is GREAT!, I just hope all the members of the Birmingham Rocket Boys (and girls) NAR 665 got a little something more than a thank you or a coupon for $2 off a burger. Even a 2 second screen flash thanking the club would have been nice.

It isn't promoting the hobby if we (NAR clubs and sections) don't get more exposure. In my humble opinion it is more a plug for the big E far more than for the NAR even. We don't see a range with a lot of helpful individuals there, we see a parent with a young'un out launching by themselves (and yes, some kudo's for the female angle).
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#3 Re: Our Club Makes Rocket commercial for Jack's Resturant

Post by luke strawwalker »

Neat-o and congrats! OL J R :)

So is "Jacks" a local chain or what?? Not talking about Jack-in-the-Box I take it?? (we have jack in the box here, we like them pretty good).

Best burger I've ever had at a "fast food" type joint was at Milo's down in Birmingham... their burgers are AWESOME, and so is the story of the company...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#4 Re: Our Club Makes Rocket commercial for Jack's Resturant

Post by Rocket Babe »

Jack's Hamburgers has been a local chain, mostly in Alabama, since about 1960. I've loved them all my life. They do mostly burgers and chicken and they do them very well. Much better than any other national chain you could name. No matter which of about 100 outlets you go to they're 100% consistent, friendly and reasonably priced. They really do love kids.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#5 Re: Our Club Makes Rocket commercial for Jack's Resturant

Post by luke strawwalker »

Rocket Babe wrote:Jack's Hamburgers has been a local chain, mostly in Alabama, since about 1960. I've loved them all my life. They do mostly burgers and chicken and they do them very well. Much better than any other national chain you could name. No matter which of about 100 outlets you go to they're 100% consistent, friendly and reasonably priced. They really do love kids.

Cool... I'll have to try them out next time in that part of the world... :)

My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#6 Re: Our Club Makes Rocket commercial for Jack's Resturant

Post by Joe Wooten »

luke strawwalker wrote:
Rocket Babe wrote:Jack's Hamburgers has been a local chain, mostly in Alabama, since about 1960. I've loved them all my life. They do mostly burgers and chicken and they do them very well. Much better than any other national chain you could name. No matter which of about 100 outlets you go to they're 100% consistent, friendly and reasonably priced. They really do love kids.

Cool... I'll have to try them out next time in that part of the world... :)

Same here! We might be driving through Alabama on our way to Florida this summer if things work out right.....