Currently Unemployed

What we have all come to expect and love/detest from our employees that ignore us
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#11 Re: Currently Unemployed

Post by luke strawwalker »

tmacklin wrote:Every public official in the United States, elected or appointed, must take an oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and the laws of the United States..." before he or she assumes any office. I wonder how many of these fine public servants have actually bothered to read the Constitution, let alone understand it. Looks to me like that taking the oath is now just a formality, like standing for the Nation Anthem at a ball game or saying Amen at church on Sunday.

I think it will take a miracle from God to save our nation.
ABSOLUTELY!!!

I wouldn't count on any miracles either... "We're no longer a Christian nation!", Remember???

"A nation that hath not God shall be turned into hell..."

Well on our way... OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#12 Re: Currently Unemployed

Post by tmacklin »

Trident
Space Chief Petty officer

#13 Re: Currently Unemployed

Post by Trident »

Joe,

Sorry to hear about your forced retirement. I'm guessing with time, you'll look back favorably on the date they gave you your freedom.

Speaking of freedom ...

My wife and I visited the Reagan Library a few weeks ago on our "last and final road trip to California". What an inspirational day! We spent 5 hours there, and loved every minute. Highly recommended to anyone, conservative or not. Well, liberals would likely never visit the place, but someone on the fence I do believe would come away with a better appreciation and understanding of what conservatism is all about. Besides the great displays and videos, the library houses the Air Force One used by Reagan. (It was replaced early in the first Bush's presidency by today's 747 version). This AFO is restored, including all new paint. It's an incredibly interesting walk-thru. (I wanted to grab a few of the Presidential Jelly Beans in jars onboard but decided getting hauled off in handcuffs was not something I cared to risk.)
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#14 Re: Currently Unemployed

Post by Joe Wooten »

Well, I'm back in "civilization". Looks like the fit hit the shan again while I was out off the grid....

On the good side, I am now employed again at more money than I was making as a circlebarW ranch hand... :mrgreen: I start next Monday. I am too damn young to retire (61). I am still in touch with friends back in Westinghouse and morale is rock bottom. Most of the executives who participated in or made the disastrous decisions that drove the company into bankruptcy are still there on 7 figure salaries and except for a few well connected guys, almost everyone with more than 30 years in the nuke biz are gone.

I caught a LOT of lake trout and a few smallmouth bass. We ate everything as there was no freezer to freeze fillets. We caught our limits only on two days though. Damn fish were being picky last week.
Trident

#15 Re: Currently Unemployed

Post by Trident »

Hey Joe,

Sounds like you had a really great escape from the insanity on your fishing trip. Our friends we visited in California are ready to retire and get out. Besides insane taxes, the work environment is just crazy. The husband is the only one that works, but I know he makes good money at AT&T. But the liberal politics are unbelievable. He has to participate in at least one "disadvantaged" focus group. I asked him if "old white males" was one, and he said he'd be fired for bringing that up as a joke. It's all the usual groups you'd expect. He was outraged. He finally found one that was quite a shocker -- Veterans. He signed up. But it was the only palatable group he could find. He plans to retire next year and they'll probably move to Nevada -- no state income tax. California is 13.5%! Plus the governor is threatening to add 75 cents tax per gallon of gas, it really is amazing. When I hear what is going on at Amazon, Google, and numerous others, I cannot believe Corporate America can survive.
Lee

Bulds: Estes Saturn V, Super Sky Hook, Farside-X
Awaiting Paint/Detailing: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max, Bandit XL
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#16 Re: Currently Unemployed

Post by Joe Wooten »

I agree Lee. I do not see where this nation can continue on the course we are on. I fear for my yet unborn grandkids. There might not be the vast free nation I grew up in the 70's. I bet the US will break up into at least 3-4 smaller nations, with California, Oergon, Hawaii, and Washington comprising Nuevo Venenzuela, the Republic Of Texas that includes Oklahoma, Arkansas, Eastern New Mexico, Maybe Kansas through N Dakota and Louisiana, a reborn Southern Confederacy, A new USSR centered around New York and New England. The Midwest states will either join in with Texas or the confederacy, except for northern Illinois.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#17 Re: Currently Unemployed

Post by Commander »

I am seriously under the impression that we need to create a Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B. I am sure George Gassbag would design and even Captain it for us. I don't think we need to put the phone sanitizers on her, but definitely politicians should be offered space on board along with federal bureaucrats. I am thinking certain uber rich could be offered a seat at an exorbitant price.

It's the only way to save the planet at this point. :D
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971