TRF Time to Run Far a way

Messages from the Commander about life, the universe and everything.
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#1 TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by Commander »

Just spent a little bit of lunch visiting that unnamed forum since I haven't been there or visited in a while. Unfortunately for me I used a browser without an ad blocker :shock: . How could anyone stand it? :pukex2: I mean I couldn't tell in certain instances what was post and what was ad until examining closely at times. :? Then there was the glued in place ad that stuck right where it was covering anything in its way.
Screen Shot w/ ad
Screen Shot w/ ad
Capture.PNG (1.73 MiB) Viewed 6773 times

The new format doesn't feel as intuitive either. Maybe it's just because I spend so much time here, but even when I visit YORF, the arrangement isn't as foreign. YORF uses vBulletin, the Cantina is phpBB, TRF is XenForo which I haven't heard of before.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#2 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by Joe Wooten »

I detest those ads. I get the same one, but it is shown as Minooka, Il, or Ottawa, IL, or wherever I am at at the time.
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#3 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by Joe Wooten »

BTW, was someone talking about building a rocket out of the Goblin. It might just work.....
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#4 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by Commander »

A Gooney Bird Goblin?

Was it Monogram who had the model kit of it? When I was young and didn't know the way of the weird, I thought it was a spoof kit which were rampant in those days. I suppose you could convert one of the old plastic models add a couple weights to the nose and pray.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#5 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by Commander »

And no, in one of those threads that run amok, someone was saying that the F-16 was the best fighter jet or something like that.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#6 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by Rocket Babe »

Best in what way? :? As a model, flying model, or real fighter?
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#7 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by Commander »

It was a TRF thread, :o so, I can only assume that it was one of two things.

1) based just on what the poster felt

-or-

2) based on thousands of minutiae, all assimilated and thrown up as accepted fact.

:roll:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#8 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by luke strawwalker »

LOL:)

Okay, first mistake-- wandering into the kiddie pool without your hip waders on...

I haven't even been to the TERRIBLY RUN FORUM in about a year... Haven't participated over there in SEVERAL years, and don't intend to. Just got a d@mn belly full of the place and POOF! I was DONE!!!

Only times I've been back was when our good buddy Ted Macklin, the eternal sh!t-stirrer (LOL:)) would send me links to the latest round of stupidity over there, or when my name came up in conversation... Most of the time I'd click on his link just out of curiosity (know what happened to the cat, right?) and hold my nose long enough to read about whatever was going on at that moment...

Not surprised that it's turned into a Byzantine sh!thole... that's the way the owners want it. I had to laugh, catching up on some stuff on YORF as well, when someone mentioned they *weren't allowed* to mention they were selling decals or rockets or something again... as that's "advertising"... SO he asked someone else to mention it for him...

What a bunch of schmucks...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#9 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by tmacklin »

Aw, come now. You know you love reading positive reviews about yourself and would be devastated if I didn't give you a heads up. Besides, they really don't need me to stir their shid. They're just being themselves.
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#10 Re: TRF Time to Run Far a way

Post by luke strawwalker »

tmacklin wrote: Sat, 25 Aug 18, 03:07 am Aw, come now. You know you love reading positive reviews about yourself and would be devastated if I didn't give you a heads up. Besides, they really don't need me to stir their shid. They're just being themselves.
Speak of the devil... Good to see ya Ted.

Yeah, well, I guess we all got our "reps" don't we?? Oh the burdens we have to bear LOL:)

Anyway, Best of luck to yall.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...