NARCON 2021

For those who are content to get the same thrill (without the extra cost) of the High Power Peple
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 NARCON 2021

Post by bernomatic »

This years NARCON is going to be a "virtual " event with "virtual" tours .

What isn't virtual is the $25-37 price tag. :shock:

of course that got my curiosity going, what was the difference between the twenty-five dollar price and the thirty-seven? Well it turns out, the thirty-seven dollar price is for a "family ticket" for up to three people within he same family.

No cheating family people by paying a single ticket price and all huddling around the computer.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: NARCON 2021

Post by luke strawwalker »

LOL crazy. Why I gave up on NAR a long time ago. Just money shills now. Say all you want about "protecting the hobby" while they embrace stuff like sparky motors and other effects motors that have done more to undo the hard-won differentiation between fireworks and rockets than anything in the last 30 years...

Oh well, carry on. Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Commander
Space Captain
Space Captain

#3 Re: NARCON 2021

Post by Commander »

If I could find the insurance from a different source, I might give it up.
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#4 Re: NARCON 2021

Post by Joe Wooten »

That is total BS.
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#5 Re: NARCON 2021

Post by Rocket Babe »

>What isn't virtual is the $25-37 price tag. :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :~~X): Bar tender! Bartender! I'll have what they're having! :P

Ok, I can see asking for a donation of $10 for the opportunity to take part remotely for those wishing to do so but Jimanee G. Crickets!

Of course, it is their party. :~salud: If they want to charge a fee to watch :geek: that's their decision but unless NAR is in a bind financially I do wonder why?

I've never really thought about it before now but I could understand how missing back to back in person events (2020/2021) due to covid could put a dent in their bank account. Is NARCON a big fund raiser for them? :?: :?: :?: If so, it would make more sense to charge a fee, if that were the case. :?: :?: :?:
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#6 Re: NARCON 2021

Post by luke strawwalker »

Commander wrote: Tue, 02 Feb 21, 00:46 am If I could find the insurance from a different source, I might give it up.
Nice thing flying on my own farm-- don't need the stinking insurance. From what I've read it's d@mn near useless anyway. Basically EVERYTHING OTHER KIND OF INSURANCE available has to pay FIRST before they're obligated to pay a thing. PLUS, there's like a $5,000 deductible for EACH OCCURRENCE or claim that is the individual rocketeer's or club's responsibility to pay FIRST before the insurance will pay a dime. Plus most homeowners insurance has "riders" on it that cover most of the same stuff that the stupid worthless NAR insurance is SUPPOSED to cover, anyway.

Everybody gets all "warm and fuzzy" because of the "guaranteed $2 million dollars in coverage" when there's SO many quid pro quos that in reality its practically worthless... If they can find even ONE THING that "violates the safety code" they can deny the claim outright, and if they ever DID have a big claim I'm sure they'd tie it up in court for the next hundred years til everybody associated with it was dead anyway without ever paying a dime...

When the club flies on my land I want the insurance "just because" and as a NAR club they have to have it anyway as part of their charter. But for individuals, it's pretty much damn worthless...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...