Down and out for a bit

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Down and out for a bit

Post by bernomatic »

On Tuesday, I left work early and was taken to a hospital. I was suffering from chills and the shakes. An infection in my leg had made it's way into my blood stream.
So, I will not as available as usual. Please try not to tear the place down.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#2 Re: Down and out for a bit

Post by tmacklin »

Hey Bernie, take care of yourself and do what the nurses tell you. All this other stuff will take care of itself...you take care of you. :D
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#3 Re: Down and out for a bit

Post by Rocket Babe »

We'll pray for a speedy recovery; you do what the nurses tell you. Otherwise... :evil:
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#4 Re: Down and out for a bit

Post by luke strawwalker »

It'll still be here... take care buddy.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#5 Re: Down and out for a bit

Post by Joe Wooten »

We'll make sure Gh does not pull an upper-dekker........
Ghrocketman
Space Petty Officer
Space Petty Officer

#6 Re: Down and out for a bit

Post by Ghrocketman »

Hey noww....
I'll be the first one to keep it on the correct side of the line when Bernomatic is under the radar.
Besides, Bernie was smart enough to make sure the toilets in this establishment were of the 'tankless' variety. Can't pull a Dry-Dokker either as the water shutoffs are in locked panels too. That leaves the old Logg-Jamm available, but I won't pull one of those either with Bernie out of touch for a short while.
Get well soon, Bernie !
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.
Always MAYHEM, always !
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Re: Down and out for a bit

Post by bernomatic »

All right gang, time for an update. No gore or worries, just the typical medical problem, TIME.
Especially when it comes to me, it seems I end up in the hospital over a holiday weekend waiting for this or that procedure, while the good hospital staff are spending the holiday with their families.
I could do like right now and use my phone to respond, but some answers require way more response than I have patience to tap out.
So the leg is responding to the antibiotic treatment. However to send me home they want to insert a PICC line which is a semi permanent IV. Then I'll be able to self administer the antibiotics at home. This is the current hang up as the department that inserts the PICC line is closed for the holiday weekend. Yay.
So everybody enjoy their fourth of July and light off a few extra skyrockets for me if you don't mind.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant

#8 Re: Down and out for a bit

Post by Joe Wooten »

bernomatic wrote: So everybody enjoy their fourth of July and light off a few extra skyrockets for me if you don't mind.
I have a couple of buzz bombs left....

Get well soon. This is turning out to be a great summer so far. The wife finished her treatments for breast cancer (surgery, chemo, radiation) at the end of May, and a bone and whole body scans last week showed she was clean of that *oops you said word #1. Now she gets scans every 6 months for the next 4-5 years.

If any of you get cancer, (or of yours comes back Ted), get you butts to Cancer Treatment Center of America. They cannot be beat by anyone except maybe Mayo or MD Anderson, maybe.....
tmacklin
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

#9 Re: Down and out for a bit

Post by tmacklin »

Bernie, I sure hope you make a full recovery before the RINOs invade Cleveland. I understand that when any political convention hits a major city, the hookers raise their prices. (It's even worse when the Southern Baptists hold a convention.) Of course, you probably wouldn't know about such things so I'm giving you a "heads up".

Get well soon!