The CW strikes again

Reviews, Comments and Information on new Science Fiction, Fantasy or other interesting TV shows, Films, Books, Radio Pays, etc.
User avatar
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue, 29 Mar 16, 03:55 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

#1 The CW strikes again

Post by bernomatic » Fri, 04 Jan 19, 14:31 pm

I guess when a girl becomes a woman, she doesn't need a man? :? Yvonne Craig must be rolling over in her grave.

After having turned The Archie comic brand on its head, the CW has focused it's social justice changing warp on Batgirl. Excuse me Batwoman.
The potential series breaks yet another barrier for Berlanti as Batwoman becomes the first-ever superhero series to be led by a lesbian character — and played by an openly gay actress in Rose.

Here's The CW's official description: Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane [Rose] soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope."
Passion for social justice? :o What is social justice? If a criminal commits crimes, but is socially aware that trans people should be able to use whatever bathroom they please, does that mean she will allow them to continue their otherwise evil ways?

It is no wonder I don't watch TV any more.

:arrow: article
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer

User avatar
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed, 30 Mar 16, 23:34 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

#2 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by Rocket Babe » Sat, 05 Jan 19, 01:39 am

I knew I shouldn't but I watched the trailer. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :claw:

User avatar
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed, 06 Apr 16, 13:26 pm

#3 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by Joe Wooten » Sat, 05 Jan 19, 03:00 am

I have not watched TV in 5 years. It was boring and disgusting at the same time.

User avatar
luke strawwalker
Space Vice Admiral
Space Vice Admiral
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu, 07 Apr 16, 04:45 am

#4 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by luke strawwalker » Thu, 10 Jan 19, 06:31 am

Joe Wooten wrote:
Sat, 05 Jan 19, 03:00 am
I have not watched TV in 5 years. It was boring and disgusting at the same time.
The only thing I watch anymore are shows like "Vikings", "Turn: Washington's Spies" (though that one is now over), and a few things on Netflix like "The Ranch"... (guilty pleasure, though now that the PC crowd has bumped Danny Masterson off that one, not sure it'll be worth watching for long-- particularly since they got that idiot Dax Shepard to "take his place" sorta like Coy and Vance on "The Dukes of Hazzard", and no that didn't work worth a darn either). Dax Shepards "CHiPS" movie SUCKED DONKEY BALLS... it was SIMPLY AWFUL!

Honestly I quit "network" TV back in the late 80's... only series I watched with regularity were the various iterations of Star Trek (TNG, DS9,Voyager) and got burned out on them because of the "dark and gritty" stuff that they crapped all over Gene's vision of the future... didn't even watch "Enterprise" in its first run, though later I watched it and enjoyed it. There's NOTHING on network TV that has ANY appeal for me now...

Heck most of the time I just watch YouTube... a number of farm channels I enjoy and some great space and history stuff on there-- Right now I'm about halfway through "The Great War", which is (was) a week-by-week recounting of World War I that started in 2014, 100 years after the war began, and told the entire story of World War I week by week "as it happened" 100 years later... they do specials on various subjects and people and answer questions in certain episodes, so it's actually several hundred videos. REALLY interesting stuff... Kinda what "The History Channel" *USED* to be before it became all about aliens and pawn shops and collectors and stuff...

TV now is pretty much a total wasteland...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...

User avatar
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed, 06 Apr 16, 13:26 pm

#5 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by Joe Wooten » Sun, 27 Jan 19, 00:48 am

Ditto on the History Channel. I used to watch it every day, then a few years ago one of the big entertainment conglomerates bought it and the dreck started. I have not watched it in 4-5 years now. I also used to watch the Sci-Fi channel a lot too. They had some decent shows and mini series. Then in 2005 or thereabouts, either ABC or NBC bought it and they started showing utter dreck, like WWE rasslin'. I have not watched anything since Battlestar Galactica finished up.

User avatar
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed, 30 Mar 16, 23:34 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

#6 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by Rocket Babe » Sun, 27 Jan 19, 20:01 pm

We stopped watching Sy-fy :pukex2: the moment the last new show of BSG was over. Haven't missed it. I made the mistake once of stopping on it while channel surfing and saw 30 seconds of the first Sharknado. NEVER AGAIN! :puke:

There's another channel called Comet that runs a lot of 50's-80's stuff and I will watch that once in a blue moon.

User avatar
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed, 06 Apr 16, 13:26 pm

#7 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by Joe Wooten » Sun, 27 Jan 19, 23:07 pm

If it was not for my wife watching One America News and Fox, I'd cut the satellite dish and sell the tv.......

User avatar
Commander
Space Commander
Space Commander
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed, 30 Mar 16, 01:49 am
Location: On the Starport

#8 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by Commander » Mon, 28 Jan 19, 00:38 am

Joe Wooten wrote:
Sun, 27 Jan 19, 23:07 pm
If it was not for my wife watching One America News and Fox, I'd cut the satellite dish and sell the tv.......
I usually watch that stuff on line,, and then only specific shows. Justice with Judge Jeanine and the Greg Gutfield show. I may start watching Mark Levin's show now that I noticed it's earlier on Saturday nights. That may be too much though. I am trying to limit my exposure to the hyping of the political bull... It just seems the more you watch, the further you sink into the abyss. :claw:
Commander
Starport Sagitta
NAR No.97971

User avatar
Joe Wooten
Space Lieutenant
Space Lieutenant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed, 06 Apr 16, 13:26 pm

#9 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by Joe Wooten » Mon, 28 Jan 19, 12:33 pm

Commander wrote:
Mon, 28 Jan 19, 00:38 am
Joe Wooten wrote:
Sun, 27 Jan 19, 23:07 pm
If it was not for my wife watching One America News and Fox, I'd cut the satellite dish and sell the tv.......
I usually watch that stuff on line,, and then only specific shows. Justice with Judge Jeanine and the Greg Gutfield show. I may start watching Mark Levin's show now that I noticed it's earlier on Saturday nights. That may be too much though. I am trying to limit my exposure to the hyping of the political bull... It just seems the more you watch, the further you sink into the abyss. :claw:
Yep. I get my news mostly from Instapundit. More reiiable less bullcrap.......

User avatar
luke strawwalker
Space Vice Admiral
Space Vice Admiral
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu, 07 Apr 16, 04:45 am

#10 Re: The CW strikes again

Post by luke strawwalker » Wed, 30 Jan 19, 17:33 pm

Joe Wooten wrote:
Sun, 27 Jan 19, 00:48 am
Ditto on the History Channel. I used to watch it every day, then a few years ago one of the big entertainment conglomerates bought it and the dreck started. I have not watched it in 4-5 years now. I also used to watch the Sci-Fi channel a lot too. They had some decent shows and mini series. Then in 2005 or thereabouts, either ABC or NBC bought it and they started showing utter dreck, like WWE rasslin'. I have not watched anything since Battlestar Galactica finished up.
Yep, History, Discovery, Military, Sci-Fi (now "Syfy"--hasn't been worth a damn since they changed it to that) etc... ALL those channels that I used to watch have gone to pot.

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...

Post Reply