Starport Sagitta Homepage Change

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Starport Sagitta Homepage Change

Post by bernomatic »

If you have ever been to the Starport Sagitta homepage, you may have seen a button in the top header labeled "Watch the Video". If you ever clicked on it, you would have been treated to video of one of my launches. I think there have been two different launches so far.
InkedScreenshot_2020-07-07 Starport Sagitta – Home of Starport Sagitta Model Rocketry_LI.jpg
InkedScreenshot_2020-07-07 Starport Sagitta – Home of Starport Sagitta Model Rocketry_LI.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2797 times
The videos have been kinda hoo hum. Well, not so much anymore. I created a new video (out of old footage) of a Sagitta Bumble Bee flight. That flight took place a little over nine years ago (how time flies). It is not the footage of the flight that I would like your opinion about, but rather the opening and closing scenes.The closing scenes are kinda a work in progress still, But the opening ones may have different and more defined clips added or substituted, but are for the most part set.

So skip over to the homepage and press the button, and let me know what you think.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
Rocket Babe
Space Babe
Space Babe

#2 Re: Starport Sagitta Homepage Change

Post by Rocket Babe »

I watched it several times. :geek: It all seems ok to me, the opening is fast paced but I wan't sure what i was watching the last few seconds. :?: Did your dog escape?
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Re: Starport Sagitta Homepage Change

Post by bernomatic »

The ending sequence is still a work in progress, but in a manner of speaking, yes Orpheus escaped, back home.
My son and I were launching in the vacant lot across the alley from the house. We had Orpheus with us as we set every thing up. Now Orpheus had a bit of a problem. He had some secret fears back then. One of those fears was fireworks. Another was Thunderstorms. I actually have a picture somewhere of him climbing onto the chair I was sitting in during a thunderstorm.
Orph with me in chair.jpg
Orph with me in chair.jpg (396.76 KiB) Viewed 2773 times

Nowadays he can sit through even July Fourth night in our neighborhood without getting all paniced. I think he has lost most, if not all of his hearing.

The video snippet is from right after we launched the rocket. He had slipped his leash and took off for home. :lol: I added a little video effect of a comet whooshing behind him, but it isn't coming out right at this time.
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer