When you charge five dollars for a cup of coffee, you should...

Scuttlebutt and tall tales
bernomatic
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 When you charge five dollars for a cup of coffee, you should...

Post by bernomatic »

keep your mouth closed on politics? :roll:

I guess the CEO of Starbucks never heard about keeping religion and politics out of your business. In the past he has gotten away with it, as most of those who drink his coffee have a liberal bent anyways. However he is learning when it comes to business, there is one man who holds a pulse on what America (which for you liberal wienies, is a whole lot more than just the bubbles in your liberal meccas) and that man is President Trump.
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is harming shareholders by damaging the brand he globalized by criticizing President Trump’s executive order on Syrian refugees and travel bans.
Schultz wrote to Starbucks employees on Sunday, January 29, following Trump’s announcement on the previous Friday. The coffee chain CEO issued a broad-based attack against Trump.
The company’s share price has dropped lower (about four percent) following a disappointing earnings announcement and sank deeper (about 3.7 percent) following Schultz’s letter to employees that slammed Trump’s policies.
Schultz’s action serves as a warning to investors that they need to be aware of the CEO's personal politics and whether the chief executive will create an unnecessary controversy by expressing those views.
Judging by the timing, Schultz let his progressive heart guide a hasty, emotional reaction, ignoring the predictable response by Trump supporters.
You think? Isn't that what most liberal thinking will get you? a hasty emotional reaction? I am beginning to wonder if the liberal way isn't so under the control of the whims and fancies of their leaders that the lemmings need to make "a hasty emotional reaction" just to stay in touch. On the other hand, the conservatives, as their name implies, are just continuing along a staid course.
Imagine if you will a progressive, leftist, liberal, democrat in a talk about abortion.
-liberal "If it's it within three months of conception, it's alright": -conservative "it's murder"
-liberal "If it's it before six months, it's alright": -conservative "it's murder"
-liberal "partial birth abortion, it's alright": -conservative "it's murder"
and so on. A bit simplistic maybe (I forgot to mention the usual caveats mandated by society which somehow don't make it murder, you know, to save the mother's life, in cases of rape, etc. Sometimes there are hard choices in life, and we have to make them, to take another's life may be justified, but it is still , okay maybe murder is too strong of a word.)

Back to coffee
The response to Schultz’s letter was prompt and brutal on social media with posts calling for a boycott.
Facebook posts slammed Starbucks for its intention to hire refugees over American workers and U.S veterans.
Twitter rocked the company as well. Fortune reported #BoycottStarbucks was the top trending topic on Twitter the day after the Schultz letter.
Social media also distributed derogatory cartoons including a Starbucks store rebranded as “ShariaBucks” with a banner “Now Hiring: Muslim Refugees.” ...

Like many on the Left, Schultz failed to recognize the mood of the country and the political land mines for not thinking about the consequences of his actions.
Schultz’s fumble exposes a management liability at progressive companies. While Starbucks touts diversity as a core value, the celebration of differences doesn’t apply to political thought. In many companies, conservatives are either absent or treated like social pariahs.
I don't think this last shortcoming is limited to just progressive companies, I think it is part and parcel to the whole leftist, progressive side. These people have held sway for so long (this is the first time since the 1920's that Republicans have held the House, the Senate and the White House) they don't like the feeling of not being in control.

:arrow: Starbucks gets scalded in backlash after CEO criticizes Trump’s travel ban EO -
Statbucks v black rifle coffee.jpg
Statbucks v black rifle coffee.jpg (50.52 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
Chief Cook -n- bottle washer
luke strawwalker
Space Admiral
Space Admiral

#2 Re: When you charge five dollars for a cup of coffee, you should...

Post by luke strawwalker »

Ah, yes... tolerance and diversity... until you hold an opinion contrary to their own. Then you're persona non grata...

I'm surprised the lefties haven't come out swinging with some sort of "Boycotting Starbucks is nothing short of "economic terrorism" for expressing their protected First Amendment rights..."

Having the freedom to choose goes both ways... Yes, their idiot CEO can say anything he wants and, if the shareholders are willing to support it, steer the company in any direction he wants to (no matter HOW STUPID it is).

BUT, people at large ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT to refuse to support them by doing business with them, and can choose to spend their money elsewhere...

Hit 'em square in the wallet-- that speaks louder than anything else...

Later! OL J R :)
My MUNIFICENCE is BOUNDLESS, Mr. Bond...